I am in need of advice!

msuh

Feb 16, 2008
I am trying to sell my Derek Lam bag through Craigslist, and I got the most curious email from a potential buyer....

Hello ,
Thanks for your mail. please keep it away from the post.For people not to mail you again. and am okay with the prize $600 and I will be offering you $200. I will instruct my client to issue you the Money Order to you. Meanwhile i have also instructed him to include $1200 on the payment so you should expect a Check of $2000. The excess is for my shipper that will be coming for pick up. The funds will be used for the shipping of the {Derek Lam Handbag}, along side with other thing i placed order for, in care of my shipper. I'll imploy you to wire the balance Via Western Union to my shipper as soon as you RECEIVE the Check. My SHIPPER will come for pick up on a specified date that will be convenient for you.i hope i can count on you for my balance. I ALSO WANT THIS TO BASE ON TRUST CAN I TRUST YOU?...I hope this is understandable by you, so that is why i asked for trust once you agree to wire my remaining balance to my shipper mail me back so that i will send it and the amount on the Check will be $1690. so Send me your full information like...
NAME...........ADDRESS.....CITY............STATE..........ZIPCODE.....
PHONE #.....
Thanks And My Regards To Your Family.......

What on EARTH is he talking about?
Can I trust this guy?????

It is? Thanx for telling me!
But what can he possibly gain from this scam? I mean, if he sends a money order, then it isnt something that can bounce like a personal check, right?
Oh well, I guess I'll have to repost my ad again then... (grumbles)

Totally a scam. I was selling a car with my BF last year and someone messaged me like that, we ended up getting screwed out of 14K. Oh wait, he gave us 100 bucks for "the trouble he caused". I'm still bitter lol