I am Fuming At Saks...Missing something??!!??

I inspected the bag carefully and everything looks good (no scratches, etc.)...why would someone cut the mirror off and return it???? UGH! I am sooooo depressed right now.
If they say they'll only refund me...then they are going to pay for shipping both ways because I told her explicitly to inspect the bag thoroughly before sending and to ensure the tassles, tags, mirror was enclosed.
And then I guess the hunt is on for a mint aqua city because I MUST get this bag back!

*sigh* I am so depressed right now.

Keep your chin up twiggers, it is a beautiful aqua city and very hard to find now so I wouldnt do anything rash. Ring BalNY as soon as they open, speak to Daphne or Kim or Crystal ( i love them all!) and they shouldbe able to help. Just find out how much it would cost to replace, I wouldnt go into the whole saks thing with them.... JMO.

Twiggers - are you likely to want to sell that bag in the future and, if not, how often do you really want to use the mirror? I just find mine irritating in real life.

I don't know about in the US but in the UK this would be worth a BIG discount. (The bag is both INCOMPLETE and probably USED.) Will they really want you to send it back if they haven't got a replacement to send you. I think they might negotiate.

The mirror can be removed without cutting it off. It is looped through and can be carefully unlooped, which is probably how it got misplaced. It may not be used or anything. I haven't EVER heard of Saks giving discounts fordamges or missing pieces, they will most likely want to refund you instead. Call Balenciaga first to find out the cost of the mirror and then call Saks with that info, and see if they will cover the cost of the mirror by some chance.

Thanks kittens! I know it can be removed...but I am lookin at the tassles on that side and there is one tassle that is an inch long and all jagged!

Plus the tassles are split....I am going to want them to replace the tassles & mirror!!!!
Jenova: Knowing how I am with bags....it will probably be sold in the future...so I always want everything just in case I do decide to sell!

I'm itching for Bal to open so I can find out...the tassles I'm not worried about because I know those can be replaced for a low cost!

40 minutes until I can call ....LOL...can ya tell I'm just dying over here! I'm trying to get work done (working on a lecture), but I keep looking at the clock!

:nogood:I'm so sorry this happened. I would try to make them give you a big discount. Ask for the manager. It is a gorgeous bag, they should at least give you a discount that will cover getting the mirror and new tassels.

YAY!!!!! Called Saks and guess what????? They just got in an aqua city...she is taking off the Mirror and giving me a bag of tassles and putting them in the mail today!!!

originally she said to return my bag and she'd send a new one...but I really like the leather on mine...and she said the one they have is a little veinier!!

So YAY!!! I'm so happy now (how;s that for extreme mood swings)!

Oh and for future reference...mirrors can be bought (typically) for $90. Call and ask for Reo at balNY!