I am DONE with ebay....DONE!

Sorry you had such an awful experience. eBay is certainly a mixed blessing. I have gotten fake bags (the sellers both took them back), stale blush (seller took it back) jeans that had a red stain (seller took them back). But I have also gotten some amazing deals. I am much more cautious than I used to be and for many things it just doesn't warrant the hassle to save a few dollars. But sometimes you can find a style from a year or two ago that you really want anc can't get anywhere else.

The counterfeit black market is ruining eBay for EVERYONE, buyers and sellers. It's a real shame. And I wish the effects would be felt in eBay's stock price, so they would actually do something about it. But I don't see that happening until they lose a few major lawsuits.

I am trying to sell a gorgeous Coach bag on eBay right now, one from last fall that sold out fast and can't really be found anywhere anymore, and in spite of my 100% feedback and numerous detailed photos, I only have two watchers and I have doubts that it will be sold. This used to be much easier for me. If it doesn't sell on ebay, I will def. be posting it here on the forum.

That said, I think that eventually the market will somehow evolve to cut out fraud. There are already trading sites that require a lot more vetting/authorization to participate, like this one. Hopefully that is the future of online selling!

I feel your pain. Been there. I won a chanel and I was so excited I couldn't open the box fast enough because I was shaking. When I saw the bag, my jaws dropped:amazed: . I was in tears:cry: . The bag was a fake. I felt:sick: . I had knots in my stomach and I called my husband and told him of my misfortune. He felt so bad for me. It was supposed to be a bday present for me. When my daughter got home (shes 23 and into designer bags and she disapproves of ebay) she saw the bag from another room and said "fake, fake, fake I'm sorry mom.". After repeated email with the seller, she took the bag back. She was a sweetheart. I was lucky.It was through this experience that I learned that NM or Chanel won't authenticate bags bought from other sources. My :heart: husband felt so bad for me that he said I could go get my bag:yahoo: . On my bday, I went to SF Chanel and bought my black tote. And while I was there, I helped myself also with crystal cc stud earrings and necklace:graucho: . Oh, and my daughter walked out with a nice pink tote bag. Everything worked out in the end:yes: . I will never buy any more designer bag on ebay. Too many dishonest sellers and buyers and horror stories:mad: .

I'm sorry to hear about your bad ebay experience. eBay can be a really scary place sometimes when you want to buy an authentic items. But, there are also a few trustworthy sellers like members of MPRS which I really trust them. I hope everything works out well for you.

Jazz, I think I bid on that same Keepall! I even posted it in the Authenticate This forum since the patina looked okay and the price was great, and the only really weird thing was the date code and the off-center rivet. But I assumed with 33+ bids, the rivet was a non-issue...anyways, I really hope you get your money back, if you paid with Paypal you should file a claim immediately and not wait for the seller at this point. You know he is dishonest for selling counterfeits, so don't give him too much credit in terms of wanting to do the ethical thing here!

stylefly said:
Jazz, I think I bid on that same Keepall! I even posted it in the Authenticate This forum since the patina looked okay and the price was great, and the only really weird thing was the date code and the off-center rivet. But I assumed with 33+ bids, the rivet was a non-issue...anyways, I really hope you get your money back, if you paid with Paypal you should file a claim immediately and not wait for the seller at this point. You know he is dishonest for selling counterfeits, so don't give him too much credit in terms of wanting to do the ethical thing here!

I actually think it's authentic however the condition of the bag was misrepresented. Someone asked him a question on the bottom of the bag and rips and he said there wasn't any....WRONG! There is! That was my deal breaker. I travel for my job so I'm sure the bag will get a tear but I didn't want to spend $700 for a bag with a tear! That's CRAZY.

If it's the same one, it was unanimously deemed fake here on the PF so it's best you don't have it anymore...fooled me too, though, and I even own one already!
Was the seller dpham8 ?

Jazz said:
As many of you know I posted last week that I was a member of the Keepall club....WRONG! I paid $700 for a piece of CRAP! I am in the process now of TRYING to get my money back but I'm not holding my breath. I have already mailed the bag back but I haven't heard from the seller since I told him that I was NOT accepting a partial refund but I was sending the bag back for a FULL refund! When I won the bag there wasn't any negative feedback, but I look today and I see he has sold someone a FAKE bag and they too are PISSED.

Then, I thought I was a new epi owner. Well right after I paid, the seller sends me a freaking email about a scratch on the purse that he didn't see until he started to package it. Well I say BULLCRAP! He says he will refund part of my money OR give me a full refund if I find the bag unacceptable but I just don't trust this either! WHY didn't he email me FIRST, send me pictures and ask me if I still wanted it BEFORE he shipped it? I might be jumping to conclusions on this one but I'll keep you posted.

UGH! $1400 is enough for me to say ENOUGH!!

I plan to go to Saks tomorrow to get me a REAL NEW 50" Keepall and everything else I want I will buy NEW!!:rant: :rant:

I must say though that I DID find a great garment bag from ebay that I am really happy with. I found out later that the seller is a member here, so THANK YOU!

I am so upset and about this I feel like I'm going to be sick:sick:

WHY do people do this????

I hear this alot lately. What is happening with Ebay?? they seem to be relaxing their standards. This never happened years ago. Better to buy from PF member I think. There has to be a way for you to get your money back. Do they have someone on ebay to take care of things like this?

stylefly said:
If it's the same one, it was unanimously deemed fake here on the PF so it's best you don't have it anymore...fooled me too, though, and I even own one already!
Was the seller dpham8 ?

Yep! Again...I really don't think the bag is a fake but the condition of the bag is a different story. He offered a 3 day return so I will just see how it turns out...<<<crosses fingers>>>>

Truth is a KNOW better! It's a hard - expensive lesson but at least I learned it.

CrazyBagLady said:
I hear this alot lately. What is happening with Ebay?? they seem to be relaxing their standards. This never happened years ago. Better to buy from PF member I think. There has to be a way for you to get your money back. Do they have someone on ebay to take care of things like this?

They have been relaxing because of many other auction sites competing for business. Overstock, IOffer, Sell.com, Buy.com, MSN Shopping, Yahoo Shopping, etc. etc. Those sites are nothing but replicas of everything (or those things that are real products are refurbished, etc). I was told that Hermes and many other department stores will not authenticate anymore unless you have a receipt from the purchase (then why need authentication...I know there are fake receipts) because of the amount of fakes. The woman at the Hermes store here wouldn't confirm wether they will or not (I didn't have a bag, I only went in to ask) but she did say that they sell enough of their product that they aren't worried by the replicas being sold.

Jazz said:
Yep! Again...I really don't think the bag is a fake but the condition of the bag is a different story. He offered a 3 day return so I will just see how it turns out...<<<crosses fingers>>>>

Truth is a KNOW better! It's a hard - expensive lesson but at least I learned it.
I really hope he doesn't put up a fuss about the refund.
He is also selling fake jeans, BTW...