I am curious! Which would you choose for a Gold Birkin....

Palladium or Gold Hardware, that is the Question?

• Palladium

• Gold

• Other (please specify in your post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure!! Some bags for me look all the more beautiful with gold for sure -- but a gold bag could probably take either well! I had a potiron once and thought it would have been better with gold - I also love gold with indigo and my cognac - yummmmmm!

my next comment may or may not be helpful but lots of you probably have grown tired of my public yearning for vert anis and fuschia and while palladium hardware might seem the natural choice you should see these babies with gold hardware! with the palladium they look so fresh and sporty but with the gold well it is just SWEET! very dear and just plain super pretty. decisions, decision!

so jag, maybe this will confuse you more but with gold leather the gold hardware is more subtle. as with cognac, I think the PH really has great contrast and stands out. So I'll recommend PH for your first gold birkin!:dothewave:

Although I am mostly a PH gal, Black and Gold are the only two shades I would consider gold hardware with---very classic Hermes. Having said that, I have Gold w/PH, but it was one of those things where had I been offered the combination w/GH instead of w/PH I would have taken that one without hesitation.

Thank you ladies! My head is spinning after seeing Gold in Swift, and Grand Fonds Natural Chamonix! I just want everything! I think I am leaning towards gold hardware though. At least, today I am!:P

I could go either way. I have a gold Kelly with gold HW in sellier and I was later offered a gold togo retourne Kelly in a smaller size. I really wanted this second one and originally thought I would prefer PH for it to be really different from the first one. But it turned out to be GH and I bought it anyway. I decided the hardware wouldn't make that much of a difference. I don't wear a lot of gold jewelry but some of my things are two-toned so I could go either way.

I think either palladium or gold looks good on a gold Birkin. I have a slight preference for gh, tho if one turned up at my store with ph, I really don't know if I can walk away...

I definitely think that you could not go wrong either way, Jag! I thought I wanted gold with gold but when the situation presented itself, my gold Birkin had palladium h/w. Now (of course) I love it!