I am confused - why was I censored

Status
Not open for further replies.

barskin

Lt. Colonel on Vogon Destructor Fleet
O.G.
Dec 19, 2013
I tried to reply to the Private Message, but I was told that this was not possible. But, I am really perplexed about this. There was a thread on the "Handbags and Purses" forum about changing bags and feeling like you've "cheated." The poster, indiaink, wrote an extremely intelligent reply to the subject.
And then I replied to this reply making a satirical comment about the disturbing decisions being made by the Supreme Court regarding the rights of corporations (and about brand loyalty). One of the other posters, I believe, totally misunderstood my post and claimed I was "nasty." Next thing I knew, I got a private message, and my post was deleted, including the other replies to it indicating that they enjoyed my comment. It was a joke. It was not in any way a personal attack, not aimed at any poster, unless Justice Samuel Alito is a member of this forum.
I have been taking part in many online forums -political, technological, other subjects - for many, many years. I always try to be mindful of other people's feelings. I consider handbags to a fun subject and nothing to get emotional about.

Bottom line - I don't believe I did anything wrong.

I tried to reply to the Private Message, but I was told that this was not possible. But, I am really perplexed about this. There was a thread on the "Handbags and Purses" forum about changing bags and feeling like you've "cheated." The poster, indiaink, wrote an extremely intelligent reply to the subject.
And then I replied to this reply making a satirical comment about the disturbing decisions being made by the Supreme Court regarding the rights of corporations (and about brand loyalty). One of the other posters, I believe, totally misunderstood my post and claimed I was "nasty." Next thing I knew, I got a private message, and my post was deleted, including the other replies to it indicating that they enjoyed my comment. It was a joke. It was not in any way a personal attack, not aimed at any poster, unless Justice Samuel Alito is a member of this forum.
I have been taking part in many online forums -political, technological, other subjects - for many, many years. I always try to be mindful of other people's feelings. I consider handbags to a fun subject and nothing to get emotional about.

Bottom line - I don't believe I did anything wrong.

We are trying to steer our forums clear of political debates, as they often lead to heated discussions and fights. In all likelihood your post was deemed to be political and was hence removed. :idea:

We are trying to steer our forums clear of political debates, as they often lead to heated discussions and fights. In all likelihood your post was deemed to be political and was hence removed. :idea:
Okay. Thanks. I am glad that it was not because you thought I was being mean to another poster. Oy. I can't be at all political. Alright - I'll try.

Status
Not open for further replies.