I am at such a crossroads--what Chanel to keep or buy b/c I can't have them all!

Let me throw in a possible wrench into the logic of trading python clutch for black caviar jumbo. You already have a black day bag, aka, the cabas. If you trade the clutch for the caviar jumbo, where is your special event bag? Not in the picture as the jumbo is not a special event dinner, wedding sort of piece. If you were to trade the python and you want a special event bag, choose something other than the black caviar jumbo. When it all shakes out, which are you going to love more -- and it could be it's not the python and it's not even the black caviar jumbo. Maybe a clutch that is not python.

Let me throw in a possible wrench into the logic of trading python clutch for black caviar jumbo. You already have a black day bag, aka, the cabas. If you trade the clutch for the caviar jumbo, where is your special event bag? Not in the picture as the jumbo is not a special event dinner, wedding sort of piece. If you were to trade the python and you want a special event bag, choose something other than the black caviar jumbo. When it all shakes out, which are you going to love more -- and it could be it's not the python and it's not even the black caviar jumbo. Maybe a clutch that is not python.

ITA! Everyone needs at least one special event bag! If not the python, then choose something else for those special occasions. :tup:

leem - I just remembered, aren't you getting the MC flap? If you get that and like it, you may not need the jumbo, just yet anyway.

Or you could get the timeless clutch + jumbo and hopefully be less than the python clutch, right? LOL

I can't have both--so which one should I decide on?? I must be really superficial because this is keeping me up nights :Push:

Any input from you brilliant girls?? Thanks!

I totally understand. I've done that many times!! LOL

What bags do you have now?

Are you trying to decide between the clutch and the jumbo and do you already have the cabas?

KEEP THE CLUTCH!!! you can get a Jumbo anytime in the future...even if it is the distant future. Everyone is succumbing to the price increase pressure. Why exchange a Python clutch for a flap you can have anytime?

Everyone needs that "special" bag in their wardrobe. Cleary, this is the python clutch for you. You already have an everyday bag. And personally, 10-12 uses per year is great. If it were my choice, I would keep the python, and would probably only be able to use it 5 times a year (if lucky). LOL. But I think the beauty of the bag it worth it.

Also, everyone has the Jumbo....but not everyone has that awesome clutch!

It sounds like you're having doubts about the clutch...Is there anyway you can get the jumbo and 'try it out'? See if you like it better and if so THEN bring the clutch back? I'd hate for you to get the jumbo and then realize you wanted the clutch more and be unable to get it. Good luck!

i think you need to make the decision that will not keep you up at night. i got the bronze python clutch and am keeping it, clutch life or not. but i don't really have as much doubt over it as you seem to. even if you love it but will keep kicking yourself for not making a practical decision then i would say trade it for something that you will actually use. i do end up using my exotic bags more than most peeps would so maybe that's why the decision is not such a struggle for me. but i do feel your conflict...i know what it's like to have a bag look pretty on a shelf in my closet, unused, and it's not a great feeling. you gotta do what feels right to you regardless of our feedback. good luck!

You all are so good. It is such a silly thing to be worried about, right. Not really worried--just torn, I guess : ) It is true that everyone needs a really beautiful bag, that is why I hate to give up the clutch--plus I was able to use my $450 gift card from EGC on it, and I don't know if that would apply to an exchange.

I have ordered the MC in brown, which is sort of my everyday bag. And, honestly, were it not for the price increase I wouldn't even be considering a black flap. I think I will use it one day and I thought I should bite the bullet now and get it. But, as of this moment, I am keeping the clutch. I should just put it away and not worry about the price hike. I kind of resent it anyway!

Well, for me, money is an issue. I buy bags/clothes/shoes for my everyday life versus a life I may dream about but never get to live! So for those times when I attend a classy, dressed-up event, I use a less expensive vintage bag or clutch from my sister's vintage jewelry/handbag business.

Go for the Jumbo!