I am adopting a special needs kitty

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
Four years ago I adopted a Diabetic boy from a wonderful rescue called Tabby's Place. Since then I have been donating every month to support special needs cats. The first one I sponsored finally got adopted and I started sponsoring Bellis about 18 months ago. Every month I get an update about how she is doing and how many times she is passed over. Since the beginning there has been something about her that calls to me. Finally I have talked my hubby into letting me adopt her. She is blind but gets around great and doesn't let her disability slow her down. I have the perfect setup for her and I think she will be very happy here. I know I will be happy to have her. I pick her up tomorrow! :yahoo:

Here is her listing:

http://www.tabbysplace.org/cat-desc.php?id=554

Bellis is BEAUTIFUL! Cindi, you are truly amazing for adopting her and giving her a chance when so many people wouldn't. Sounds like she is going to fill your life with joy! You should post pictures when she arrives at her new home :smile:

Thanks all. I am so happy to be adopting Bellis. She will be a great friend for my girl "Happy" and of course another lap cat for me. :love: I will definitely post lots of pics as soon as she is settled in. Best of all I have this long holiday weekend to spend getting to know her. I can't wait.

Love this!!!!! Every animal, special needs or not should have a loving home :biggrin: I wonder if animals are like humans- when one sense is limited/removed the other ones become heightened?