I am a prisoner in my own home...

I HATE spiders too and you should see the ones that we have here in Australia:wtf: There was a HUGE one in my bathroom area (at least it wasn't a redback) and I had to call my mother who was in the states to assist me to calm down:lol: I know they do a great job but I live in fear of them.

i HATE how i use to weekly rotate and clean my room, like move all of my furniture, and vaccum, even the corners of my room, the whole line and still would randomly find an 8 legged horror skampering up my wall, or on my floor, or eugh. what i hate more then the actual killing is lifting the weapon to see if i killed it, or worse yet see that it climbed the handle and is a second away from my hand or cleaning up the body. eugh totally grossed myself out there lol. bat your eyes at a guy and have him kill it if you dont want to! after all, what else are they suppose to do?

just looking at that picture is creeping me out. i live in on a farm and everytime i go out to the barn i see at least 3 spiders or daddy long legs.

my sister lives in an old farmhouse and one day i was in her kitchen and saw a fake toy spider. I asked her why she had a gigantic spider toy on her floor and she goes "oh it's a real one we get those all the time". I made her throw a shoe on it and kill it, the thing literally JUMPED in the air as the shoe came down on it.

That sucker was a good 3 in. long not counting legs:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

My SO is anti-spider (though he won't admit it), but I like them. Except Black Widows, I've been bitten by 3 and it's a very painful ordeal. I know all spiders are poisonous, but some are more agressive than others.
I did watch a small brown spider wrapping up her buggy meal the other day, utterly fascinated. I had to keep DBF from squishing her. He claimed that the bats and lizards were enough to keep the insect population down (we have those things in Phoenix). I then said the spider was getting the insects that made it past the gauntlet of bats and lizards and inside the house. He let the spider live, but only grudgingly. I think she hides most of the time.
I hope you'll be able to get out of your house soon. Maybe if you don't see the spider it won't be so bad.
Kate

I work for my dad's pest control company & some lady called yesterday about Brown Recluses. Apparentally her daughter & her daughter's friend ended up in the hospital b/c they were both bitten. I went on the internet & did some research...it's soo gross it literally eats away your skin or something & if you don't catch it in time they have to amputate the limb..I don't know what they would do if you were bit in the tummy.? It can even result in death. The weird thing is they are very very rare around here. The only common poisonious spider around here is the Black Widow. She doesn't really want to take care of the problem either...

I was doing laundry today & in my dirty clothes hamper is a spider!! Talk about scared. I didn't even get to kill it b/c it scurried deeper down.