I ADORE Kyra Sedgwick's wardrobe in The Closer (pics)

couture_addict

Just relax...
O.G.
Mar 25, 2007
I absolutely love the TNT Series "The Closer" starring Kyra Sedgwick - and her wardrobe is so classic! I wanted to post some of my favorite outfits here. I haven't been able to find all of them, so if anyone else has some pics from The Closer, please post them!

Greg LaVoi is her costume designer, and in an interview he stated that he tries to dress her in clothing that is "income appropriate" for her character. Meaning, an L.A. deputy chief wouldn't generally be able to afford Gucci and Prada. Of course there are some exceptions. Some of the specifics:

- Her skirts: Alfani, Anne Klein, Vera Wang, Michael Kors.
- Her cashmere twin sets: Pure Collection of London.
- Her trench coats: Michael Kors, Burberry and vintage Hermes.
- Her fitted jackets: vintage from the 40's and 50's, purchased at consignment and vintage stores around L.A. as well as eBay. A favorite of his is vintage "Irene", which he purchases and then has tailored to fit Sedgwick.
- Her wedding dress: vintage, supposedly purchased for $20 off of eBay.

Coming up: some of my favorite outfits :smile:

Last edited:
Dresses from episode "Sudden Death"; September 9, 2008

About the blue dress:

"...a vintage Cobalt Blue cotton shirt waist dress from Neusteters in Denver, Neusteters was my favorite department store as a child and it truly was the Neiman Marcus of the Rocky Mountains, found on e-bay and I topped it with a cropped ligther blue cashmere cardi from The Pure Collection and at her waist was a whisp of a red belt...red!"

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• black dress.jpg
    black dress.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 7,235
  • blue-dress.jpg
    blue-dress.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7,026
  • brown-dress.jpg
    brown-dress.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 7,318
Last edited:
Pretty cardigans and skirts:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• closer_pix_4.jpg
    closer_pix_4.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6,844
  • Closer_crimescene_11.jpg
    Closer_crimescene_11.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 6,721
  • 410_brenda_fashion213x332.jpg
    410_brenda_fashion213x332.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 6,910
  • 402_brenda_fashion213x332.jpg
    402_brenda_fashion213x332.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6,752
  • brenda_fashion_pic3.jpg
    brenda_fashion_pic3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6,779
Last edited:
episode 305 - July 16, 2007

Jacket: vintage 70's by Lili Ann
Cashmere Sweater: Pure
Velvet Pants: Balenciaga
Shoes: Gucci

About the outfit:
"...a wonderfully tacky polyester jacket from the ‘70's by one of my favorite designers Lili Ann, she was a very popular suit manufacturer in the 1940's out of San Francisco, many of Brenda's fabulous vintage suits with color blocked details are Lili Ann's. This pretty in pink number was an e-bay find from Texas. Perfect for a day of house hunting. I paired the tacky jacket with a pink cashmere sweater from Pure and a yummy pair of dusty rose velvet pants by Balenciaga that I got at my favorite store where clothes go to die, my secret source for all things Brenda. The shoes were last seasons pink suede Gucci loafers that I had put in the episode Slippin."

attachment.php

Attachments

• TC_13298_305_213x337.jpg
    TC_13298_305_213x337.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6,733
episode 408 - September 1, 2008

About the outfit:

"...a Lilly Pulitzer orange and yellow caftan from the 1970's, never worn, found on ebay for an outrageous "Buy It Now" price, just screamed Willie Ray and I HAD to have it. Thus an entire color scheme fell into my lap. What else would Brenda's mama wear to fix a breakfast buffet but Lilly Pulitzer and pearls!"

attachment.php

Attachments

• 408_brenda_fashion213x332.jpg
    408_brenda_fashion213x332.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 6,974
About the brown dress:

"...she has a cute little cling of a jersey dress from Suzie Couture. The chocolate brown v-neck fit the Deputy Chief like a glove and sported a geometric trim at the neck and empire waist that splashed a bit of color, brown, white and turquoise and I picked up that brilliant blue in a cropped cardi from Pure Collection."

attachment.php

About the wedding dress:

"...was stunning in a $29.00 Priscilla of Boston silk taffeta gown bought off of eBay."

attachment.php

"...The groom, Mr. Fritz Howard was attired in a midnight blue Hugo Boss single breasted suit and wore a starched white spread collar shirt from the John W. Nordstrom collection. His midnight blue silk tie was by Armani."

Attachments

• 090129jts_thecloser1.jpg
    090129jts_thecloser1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 8,335
Last edited: