i <3 my parents...

You have wonderful parents. Congratulations on your new condo!
I agree with the above. I'd hold off on the LV for the furniture. You don't want to spend that money just yet. Who knows, you might find furniture that's pretty costly but worth the price.

Congratulations! It seems like you have really lovely and supportive parents. You should definitely save your money for the furniture! Your place will look so great!

Congrats!!! That is so wonderful of your parents! I totally agree with Ranskimmie. Your parents would be more impressed with your care of your new home and inviting them over for dinner than a purse.

Good luck!

Congratulations! You're parents are wonderful! I'd put the money towards furniture. You can always get a bag. How exciting for you! Show pictures when it's decorated. We would love to see it!

Nice parents! Buy the furniture first, most definitely. And then maybe, just maybe, there will be a little something left over that you can build into the start of some savings for a new bag.

That's great of your parents!! Definitely buy furniture, your parents are nice enough to pay for your condo that you should respect their wishes :biggrin:

Congrats!!!!

Its much more satisfying to own your own place than to rent. Congrats and what nice parents you have. You should use some of your tax refund to buy them something special IMHO.

hey guys...here is the coffee table, dining room table, and sofa that i want so far. the chairs that they had on display w/ the dr table were about $260/each. seems a lot for a chair. 6 chairs will cost almost twice the price of the table.

Attachments

• 2102_lg.jpg
    2102_lg.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 8196_lg.jpg
    8196_lg.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Kevin-comp_lg.jpg
    Kevin-comp_lg.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 18
MssTammy said:
Its much more satisfying to own your own place than to rent. Congrats and what nice parents you have. You should use some of your tax refund to buy them something special IMHO.

yeah, i wanted to buy an lv bag w/ the refund...but everyone is right, i'll need the money for furniture and other expenses. the lv bag will always be there...

my mom is going to freak out when she sees that i picked out dark wood furniture. she only likes light furniture, light colored everything...they just had a house built in the philippines. everything, I mean everything is white. the countertops, the floor, the cabinets...even the hardwood floors are a very light shade. it looks so blah...reminds me of a hospital.