the Angelina Jolie thread

Team Angelina!! She was wonderful on Larry King tonight and she answered ALL his questions about EVERYTHING!

She probably approved those questions and agreed to answer them way before she went on the show.

Most celebs do that. I can understand why they'd want some stuff left private. Of course every reporter would love to talk to Angelina for days about Jennifer Aniston. :rolleyes:

Her actions sound reasonable to me. She has little control over the media most of the time, she's got to take it where she can get it. Questions about her private life would be inappropriate during a film promotion interview.

She's a hypocrite. The film is about a reporter and she pulls this stunt. C'mon. I just saw a clip of her on The Jon Stewart show and she was very dishonest. She said, "one of my representatives put it out there for the press to sign.... it wasn't mandatory." Sure it wasn't mandatory... if they didn't sign it, no interview. Really, what member of the press would voluntarily agree to that just because. It's dishonest and stupid. Obviously, she knows she was wrong because once the Associated Press and USA Today declined to interview her, then she backed off. Reporters should be able to ask whatever questions they want to and she can refuse to answer them, but she should not be able to dictate terms before hand. That's ridiculous. She's a joke and it's a shame because the film is a serious film.

She's a hypocrite. The film is about a reporter and she pulls this stunt. C'mon. I just saw a clip of her on The Jon Stewart show and she was very dishonest. She said, "one of my representatives put it out there for the press to sign.... it wasn't mandatory." Sure it wasn't mandatory... if they didn't sign it, no interview. Really, what member of the press would voluntarily agree to that just because. It's dishonest and stupid. Obviously, she knows she was wrong because once the Associated Press and USA Today declined to interview her, then she backed off. Reporters should be able to ask whatever questions they want to and she can refuse to answer them, but she should not be able to dictate terms before hand. That's ridiculous. She's a joke and it's a shame because the film is a serious film.

:wtf:

:tdown:

I think it was just a bad move on her part. I understand her wanting personal privacy. Most people, even celebrities, do. But... there's no reason to have agreements with reporters. If a question is inappropriate, just don't answer it! Sheesh!

You'd think she only became a celebrity yesterday or something. ;)

Total hypocrite in every aspect of her life!

In one interview she claims she just wants her kids to be good like all parents do :roflmfao: then she should set an example & quit giving interviews about her penchant for knife sex! What loving parent would humiliate their kids in this way? Hypocrite of the highest order!

I'm on her side on this one. The Mighty Heart is about reporters reporting important issues, not about people's personal lives. Let's face it, more people are more interested about their personal lives than they would want to know about the films they are promoting. Without the contract, all the interviewers would probably ask more questions about her personal life than about the movie. There's always that one reporter who would try to push the limit just to get a reaction. If you're as protective about your family, you would do the same.:yes:

Freedom of the press doesn't mean she has to spill her guts to everyone who asks the same stupid questions over and over. You know the interviewers will ask less about the move than her personal life. Maybe the contract was a bit much, but nobody forced anyone to sign it. You want the interview? Sign the agreement.

Banning Fox News? Now that's freedom of the press!

yes it is a serious film, maybe that's WHY she wanted the agreement. I bet you over 50% of those questions would have been something like, "So how do you feel about Jennifer?" "Do you think she's really gonna adopt?" "What do you think about her new man?" "Where's the next kid gonna come from?" etc, etc. Even the reputable newspapers would have asked some of those. And yes she does talk about those, but can't she dictate when? I read that her and Marianne Pearl are actually good friends. Maybe she wanted the press on this one to be about David and Marianne's life -- not hers.