Hyde Park or Speedy Bandouliere 30 Owners, Please Help!

burberi

Oct 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm buying my first Louis Vuitton bag. I had my eyes set on the Speedy B 30 at first, but when I went in store, it was out of stock and the lovely sales attendant showed me a lot of other bags. One of the bags I tried was the Hyde Park, and I loved the structure, the thick strap, and the microfibre interior. The only problem is the price. In Australia, it costs $2,770, which is $1,000 more than the Speedy B 30, and I feel like for the small amount of leather trim, the $1,000 extra seems like a bit of a rip-off.

louis-vuitton--N41015_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

Eventually, I got to try the Speedy B 30, and it was quite squishy and softer than the Hyde Park. I think the latter has more structure and toughness, which I liked. However, the trimmings in Speedy B and the gold hardware and lock really make it elegant and stand out. I also really like how in spite of the leather trims and nice hardware, it's priced really well at $1,770.

louis-vuitton-speedy-bandouli%C3%A8re-30-damier-ebene-canvas-handbags--N41367_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

My question is, it is worth spending $1,000 more for Hyde Park, or is it better value for money to stick to Speedy B 30? I will mainly use the bag for travel, so the strap is very essential for me. The bag space for both is just right for me also. I think, if the price for Hyde Park is a bit cheaper, say $2,200, I would've gone for it in a heart beat, but at the moment it's a bit overpriced compared to Speedy B in my opinion. What are your thoughts? Which bag would you go for?

Here are my pros and cons:

Hyde Park Pros: Nice structure and shape, no sagging, thick strap, microfibre interior, elegant looking, not many people own it
Cons: Price, cross body looks weird on me because it sticks out

Speedy B 30 Pros: Roomy and great for travel, affordable, low maintenance, adjustable strap for crossbody
Cons: Quite squishy, bit of a black hole inside, saggy, many people own it (not really a con, but, you get what i mean ;) )

Thanks in advance lovelies!

Last edited:
I was once interested in the Hyde Park tote but trying it on in store and a poster mentioning it too. Its a tad on the heavy side I don't know if it's a consideration for you. I do have to walk a bit so it's important bag has to be on light side since I have to carry heavy items as well. Me would go for speedy b 30 can't go wrong with that bag. Just put a organiser in so less of a black hole and helps to keep its shape too

Reactions: kalynab
I don't have these but I would go for the Hyde Park, it sounds like it's the one you want most. The lining is nicer and I think the Hyde Park would stay looking new longer due to having better structure and better quality trimmings. Ebene can become quite wrinkled over time, which shows because its a smooth leather, whereas the taurillon is thick and grainy. I also think the Hyde Park is just more pretty and eye-catching.

I would get the Hyde Park. Literally everyone has a Speedy and I've never seen anyone carry the Hyde. Plus it's beautiful with better quality in every department. It's going to wear better than the Speedy too!

Reactions: alwayscoffee89
Many Louis in my collection have come and gone, but my speedy Bs always remain (enough said :smile: There's something magically (IMHO) about the speedy shape and functionally, not to mention it is a classic. Have fun shopping.

Reactions: MokeyLV and itsmree
I really want the Speedy B myself, but I think you should get the other bag. Mainly because it's not going to be for sale forever and the classic Speedy B will be. Worst case, you use the bag for a year or two and you most likely can sell it and maybe even make profit off of it since it will be sold out one day. You can always come back and get the Speedy B later. Plus the Hyde Park is beautiful, different and unique.

I would stick with the Speedy. I just bought the Speedy 25, gosh I just love it. So classic. I am in Australia too and got put on the waiting list (up to two months). I went into the Brisbane store the other day to try on the Azure in the 25 just for size and just that morning they got a Speedy B 25 and 30 in mono. So I didn't even wait 2 days. I looked at alternatives too but knew at the end of day I wanted the SpeedyB.

Thank you for the responses everyone. Lots of valid and helpful points. I feel like the responses are divided, just like me! I still don't know what I want, but leaning towards SpeedyB due to my budget. :smile: