Husbands, Husbands, Husbands!!

didn't you have this same problem a few months ago? I remember you were posting about this same complaint and that a baby was on the way and you were selling your bags and not going to buy anymore, etc. also that you were the one supporting you both and your husband was a musician? am I remembering correctly? cause I thought you had all this resolved? :confused1:

I would absolutely go get yourself an Hermes.....and I have made official note to self that being single isn't so bad....I don't have to explain my purchases to anyone.
hehe, I agree!

If it is about money, then yes, that can be a problem. Me and DH place all our money in one account, pay all the bills, then figure out what to do with what's left over. Sometimes he gets something, sometimes I do, sometimes we do something as a family.

If it is just a numbers thing...go get the Hermes! I have had to re-evaluate lately...I decided I don't need 20 bags, I just need 3 or 4 of different sizes and colors to get through the year. Then, I can buy something nicer that way!

Good luck to you, dear!!

I agree too. If you're one of those women who don't mind using their husband's money, then maybe it's time to think about stuff from his perspective cuz maybe HE minds you spending "his" money. However, if you have your own job, then I'd say to hell with him lol, buy what YOU want, within reason of course.

^have my own job to buy my stuffs. :biggrin: The thing is it annoys him having me a lot of bags when i don't use them that much. lol.

he has a job and we're financially stable now. :biggrin:

honestly?
I think if buying handbags is creating strife in a serious relationship maybe it's time to re-evaluate and make sure he doesn't have a good point.
I buy bags, but not at the furious rate of a lot of people here.
The bags you buy cost A LOT of money. When you share a child, home, etc. . . the $ you spend is his business IMO.

Could he have a point?

I totally agree with you.:yes:

Sometimes my hubby gets ticked off if he sees a lot coming in all at once....so I just slow down for awhile, let him buy some stuff....and the ramp it up again :smile:

^ :yes: Yep, same here. And I never point out a purchase unless it was an AMAZING deal (like 90% off or <$50). That way it takes him awhile to notice and I can honestly say "Oh this? I already had this... " Granted, I'm not talking about Chanel, LV, and Hermes. If I was buying such expensive bags compulsively he'd be loooooong gone...

^have my own job to buy my stuffs. :biggrin: The thing is it annoys him having me a lot of bags when i don't use them that much. lol.

hmm. well even if you had nothing but cheap bags, you can only use one at a time so I guess I don't understand why that would bother him enough to turn into an argument? Are you sure he's just not cool with the money being spent on them? (because you said that he said, "I have a lot of bags and still want more!")

I did not read any of the other posts...a bag is a bag...love is love...I would give all my bags away for my husband...

Sunshine, the way you put it made me soft around the heart :woohoo:

I might not have a big thing for expensive purses (only have 2 that I paid $1,000 - $2,000), however, I DO have a huge shoe addiction. True, I get most of my premier designer foot candy on sales -- but not all of it, and I'd paid $1,000 to get the shoes I'd coveted. And my hubby ALWAYS notices new stuff I get. He's OK with it as long as I do my part contributing to family budget, but I do hear from him sometimes that I don't need all that stuff. And that's true. But it gives me pleasure. :love: However, I'd never let "stuff" get between me and him and our relationship -- this is FAR too important, and no material stuff should ever ***** it.

If I were you, I'd talk to him to figure out what in your purse habits bothers him the most -- maybe it's nothing and he just had a bad day or it might be a more significant problem. Men don't always come forth with their true feelings -- so I'd definitely try and talk to keep your marriage healthy and happy. Stuff and purses won't make you as happy as a loving hubby! :heart: conquers all :tup:

I apologize if I am reading this wrong...but,this is all very confusing to those that are trying to help you. :confused1: My advice to you would be to forget about bags for now...and concentrate on your family and husband. You may find that things perk up for you all the way around.

Taken from your blog, written Oct. 31, 2007

http://aronrica.blogs.friendster.com/iqa/2007/10/temper_temper_t.html
"Temper, Temper... TEMPER!!! Well.. Long time no blog!! Updates from me?? I’m a TOTAL BUM at the moment!!! After almost 3 years of straight job… I’m officially unemployed.. My last day was last Friday and now, I’m currently looking for a job!!! I need to get a job!! FAST!! I guess this is better because I’m getting bored actually with my job in QI… Same old stuffs for the past 3 years!!

I’m just at home (again) taking care of my baby, doing mommy stuffs which is for my husband “still not enough” and still “not responsible..” arghhh! There’s no such thing as perfect!! So what if I can’t cook?! I can wash clothes and iron clothes! I can clean the house too! I feel like from a fashionista mommy with Freya, I’ve been a YAYA Mommy with Luella.. SERIOUSLY.. They’re treating me like a YAYA!! Darn!!! I’m sick!! SOMEONE EVEN TOLD ME… “Why don’t you stop working for a while so that your husband can concentrate with his job and you take care of your baby at home!” I’m not stupid, you know that!! Well.. That’s enough for now.. “Temper, Temper..” I might spill it out all!!

Happy… Very, Very Happy!

RiCa

Posted on October 31, 2007 at 03:55 AM | Permalink"

Handbags as a hobby are fun, but I think when they start causing a problem in a marriage it's too much. Maybe you need to take a step back and see if you really have too many handbags? Or if you've spent more than you can really afford?

And honestly...Will owning one Hermes stop your yearning for more bags? I don't think so - you'll just want more HERMES bags!

I think I understand your predicament. I battled postpartum depression and know what it's like to just want to buy things to make myself feel better. But of course the bad feelings won't go away plus the hubbie gets angry making everything worse. I know what that emptiness feels like, and filling it up with a new purse is not the answer. I'm glad you're here in this forum because you have our support. PM me if you want to talk.

Hugs and kisses,
Doreen