Husband's Birthday Gift - Belated Reveal

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I promised to post pics of this bag and I'm sorry that it took me so long to get around to it. Some of you may remember that in February I was struggling to find a gift for my husband's birthday, when I learned that the boutique FP delete briefcase that I had purchased for him several years ago was showing serious signs of wear. He had used it hard everyday and I was glad to find something that he needed and liked, but I didn't have much time to find a great briefcase before his birthday.

So I bought a very nice MFF Bond Briefcase F55409 FD7 in Black and Saddle at the outlet for $224.25 (marked $299) and I was pleased with my purchase. But a few days later I did a return at a different outlet and absolutely fell in love with another briefcase. If I were buying a briefcase for myself - this would be my bag! It was a soft, pebbled leather Metropolitan Briefcase 54929 QB MQ in Navy with taupe suede-cloth lining - so I bought that briefcase too! It was an FP delete and it originally sold for $495 but I got it for a mere $110.25!

I then had 2 briefcases and his birthday was almost here and I had a decision to make. Although I loved the navy Metropolitan, it was rather slim and he likes to overstuff big bags and I realized that it was more to my taste than his. I had just about decided to give him the MFF Bond briefcase when (on the morning of his birthday) I found the perfect briefcase listed as "almost gone" on the Coach Factory Online Sale at an excellent price - so I ordered that bag, too!

I just told him that his "gift was on order" and when the 3rd bag arrived I presented him with all three bags at once to let him decide. I didn't tell him anything about the original cost or how much I'd paid, I just said that "I couldn't decide" so he should chose for himself. He picked the FOS bag as I knew he would because it was just perfect for him.

I returned the other 2 bags (although I still loved the navy metropolitan). I will show pictures of the winning bag in the next message but here are photos of the 2 runner-ups! The black and saddle MFF Bond briefcase F55409 FD7 and the FP Delete Navy Metropolitan bag 54929 QB MQ.

Attachments

• BondBlk_002.jpg
    BondBlk_002.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 409
  • BriefcaseMetroMidnight_002.jpg
    BriefcaseMetroMidnight_002.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 368
  • BlackAndBlue_003.jpg
    BlackAndBlue_003.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 374
  • BlackAndBlue_002.jpg
    BlackAndBlue_002.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Reactions: Joey92
Here is the winning birthday gift! It is a Bleecker MBK Leather Commuter 70777 BLK with brass hardware. It is large and made of thick, squishy Bleecker leather and it has lots of compartments and pockets and he will be able to overstuff as much as he likes. It is an FP Delete and it originally sold for $598 but I got it for only $136.80 with free shipping. As soon as I ordered it on the FOS it changed from "Almost Gone" to "Sold Out" so I am glad that I grabbed it.

He really likes it a lot and I returned the other 2 bags. I returned the navy metropolitan to a different outlet from where I bought it and the manager walked by and said in surprise "When did we get that in?!" but I told him it was a return. I am sure that it went to a good home.

I also bought some small leather goods as accessories for his birthday, I will show them in the next message. Here is the Bleecker 70777 BLK Commuter Briefcase:

Attachments

• BleeckerBriefcase003.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase003.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 365
  • BleeckerBriefcase004.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase004.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 376
  • BleeckerBriefcase005.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase005.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 374
  • BleeckerBriefcase006.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase006.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 381
  • BleeckerBriefcase007.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase007.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 372
  • BleeckerBriefcase008.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase008.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 378
  • BleeckerBriefcase009.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase009.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 367
  • BleeckerBriefcase010.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase010.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 376
Here are pictures of some small items that I also picked up for his birthday, they are a mix of FP Delete and MFF items.

From left to right: DK Gunmetal and Saddle Carabineer Keyfob F64769 SAD (an MFF item, I don't remember how much I paid); next is the CRO ENV BUS CARD CASE 65999 RYL, it is an FP Delete card case that originally sold for $128 and I got it at the outlet for $30.60; the third item is the Bleecker Leather USB Keyfob 67257 CAD, an FP Delete that originally sold for $98 but was only $12, and a MFF universal phone wallet in indigo and black F57793 IND UNI PHN PAW LTHR that cost $21.75.

Today I found something surprising when looking at the drill down pics of the Bleecker Briefcase; I will show that in the next message.

Attachments

• BleeckerBriefcase011.jpg
    BleeckerBriefcase011.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 362
  • f64769_sad_a0.jpg
    f64769_sad_a0.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 65999_ryl_a0.jpg
    65999_ryl_a0.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 363
  • 67257_cad_a0.jpg
    67257_cad_a0.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 363
  • UnivPhoneWalletIndigo_001.jpg
    UnivPhoneWalletIndigo_001.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 361
  • UnivPhoneWalletIndigo_002.jpg
    UnivPhoneWalletIndigo_002.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 364
  • UnivPhoneWalletIndigo_003.jpg
    UnivPhoneWalletIndigo_003.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 362
  • f57793_ind_a0.jpg
    f57793_ind_a0.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Here are drill down photos of the Bleecker Commuter Briefcase. The funny thing is that I didn't realize until today, when looking at these photos, that it came without one of the hangtags; it is also supposed to have a large brass hangtag. I am sure that my husband doesn't care about the hangtags - and it is unlikely that 2 tags would last very long while he is carrying the bag! But I figured "what the heck!" and I called Coach today and told them that it was sent without the brass hangtag. They said that they will send a replacement so I will have to wait and see what I get.

The leather is beautiful on this bag and I am sure that it will last a long time, even with heavy usage!

Attachments

• 70777_blk_a0.jpg
    70777_blk_a0.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 340
  • 70777_blk_a4.jpg
    70777_blk_a4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 347
  • 70777_blk_a3.jpg
    70777_blk_a3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 342
  • 70777_a8.jpg
    70777_a8.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Reactions: BeachBagGal
Fabulous gifts for your husband's birthday, katev! You can really see the high quality of the leather and I love the darker brass hardware. It gives the bag a real masculine edge. Hope you get out for a wonderful birthday evening!

Reactions: katev
Fabulous gifts for your husband's birthday, katev! You can really see the high quality of the leather and I love the darker brass hardware. It gives the bag a real masculine edge. Hope you get out for a wonderful birthday evening!

I like the combination of the antique brass with the rich black leather, too. When I called Coach about the missing metal hangtag I told them that it was a large antique brass hangtag with a heavy chain, but they will probably just send a small gold hangtag that won't work with the bag. Oh well, I saved $461 below retail, so I am okay with missing one of the hangtags!

Reactions: musiclover
I like the combination of the antique brass with the rich black leather, too. When I called Coach about the missing metal hangtag I told them that it was a large antique brass hangtag with a heavy chain, but they will probably just send a small gold hangtag that won't work with the bag. Oh well, I saved $461 below retail, so I am okay with missing one of the hangtags!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good hang tag! I do love the antique brass. To me, it really says "Coach."

Reactions: katev
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good hang tag! I do love the antique brass. To me, it really says "Coach."

Thanks! And I agree, the briefcase is very traditional - but that's what my DH likes - and the thick Bleecker leather and antique brass makes it looks very classic and rich. I am sure that the missing hangtag means nothing to him but I really like little details like that, so I will try to replace it with the proper type of tag.

Reactions: musiclover