Husband needing opinion

Onepeaches

Feb 12, 2016
Husband here. I got this backpack for my wife for Christmas, and because I know nothing about purses, I need opinions. I hear her talk about the purse forum and about different quality concerns. I want this to be a true surprise, so I can't ask her to look over the bag. It looks good to me though. The only thing I noticed was that the pattern doesn't fully align with the pocket. Is this normal? She is not a picky person, but I want her to love it. Thank you to anyone that can help. 20201119_224248.jpg

Husband here. I got this backpack for my wife for Christmas, and because I know nothing about purses, I need opinions. I hear her talk about the purse forum and about different quality concerns. I want this to be a true surprise, so I can't ask her to look over the bag. It looks good to me though. The only thing I noticed was that the pattern doesn't fully align with the pocket. Is this normal? She is not a picky person, but I want her to love it. Thank you to anyone that can help. View attachment 4910183
Thats cute from you!
I can’t see what’s wrong with it! Looking perfectly fine!

Great choice! Patterns don't always align perfectly, but it's a matter of preference whether you exchange it or not, but to me it looks perfect. I'm sure your wife will enjoy it for years to come :biggrin:

Reactions: beautycase
Wow, a very nice backpack, I'm sure she'll like it.

It is very nice that you are so attentive to gifts for your wife. It is great that this is important for you and that you choose what your wife likes.

Not all men are like you.

I had a boyfriend who always wanted to give me presents, but didn't know how to do it at all.

He always gave me strange things like an automatic salt shaker or pajamas with pigeons.

After several such gifts, I began to tell him what I want to receive as a gift. But he did not seem to hear and continued to give these strange things. I pretended to like it, but it was weird.
We've been married for 20 years, and I probably know more about purses at this point than I care to admit. We've picked out our own gifts in the past, but this year has been rough for everyone and getting a surprise is a nice change. My mother in law told me when we got married to never buy her something for the household as a big present. I guess the advice stuck.

My mother in law told me when we got married to never buy her something for the household as a big present. I guess the advice stuck.
This! My Mom told me that never ever should we buy her a washing machine or sh*t like that as a gift :biggrin:
The bag looks fine. If you take more photos from more angles and with a little more light, we can judge a little more, but this slight misalignment doesn't look like a dealbreaker.

So, if I bought it myself, I’d be going over it like Sherlock Holmes and probably be picky on every little thing.

But.... if my husband bought me this, I would not be worrying about any pattern alignment. She will LOVE it!

Husband here. I got this backpack for my wife for Christmas, and because I know nothing about purses, I need opinions. I hear her talk about the purse forum and about different quality concerns. I want this to be a true surprise, so I can't ask her to look over the bag. It looks good to me though. The only thing I noticed was that the pattern doesn't fully align with the pocket. Is this normal? She is not a picky person, but I want her to love it. Thank you to anyone that can help. View attachment 4910183

We've been married for 20 years, and I probably know more about purses at this point than I care to admit. We've picked out our own gifts in the past, but this year has been rough for everyone and getting a surprise is a nice change. My mother in law told me when we got married to never buy her something for the household as a big present. I guess the advice stuck.
You have a brilliant mother-in-law and you are too sweet for words. She is a lucky lady.