Husband has said no more bags:(...

If you are more concentrated on getting the purses then planning and saving...this would bother him for sure....

If you guys have a certain goal like saving for a house or something like that...he will feel that you are ignoring whats important....

If you balance it all out and be on the same page with him might be the answer........

But I agree that he doesnt have all the right to tell you to stop something that you really enjoy and isnt doing any harm....thats just his way of making a decision for you.....and if you let this happen once too many, you will be the one to compromise all the time....so if you feell the need to stand your ground, you should.

well, you have to put things into perspective. i think marriage is about compromise from both parties.

it is wrong for your husband to say "no more bags ever" but at the same time, just because you can buy your own you should keep buying.

i'm not married so correct me if i'm wrong.. when you get married "i" become "we" and "my" become "our".
ie. my money become our money.

maybe your husband thinks that some of the money can be used for something more useful. like buy a car if you dont have one, or saving money for your kid's college fun.

bottom line is, saving is not a bad idea. you never know whats gonna happen in the future.

and remember people that LV are not a necessity, it's just a hobby. so there are other things that take priority over LV. well, at least that's the case with me.

so I think you should talk to your husband and makes some sort of compromise (eg. cut your LV spending by half? LOL!) and I'm sure he'll understand.

I am sure you guys can work thing out..

DH told me no more bags after hudson PM..so much for that..since that I got sooo many things..He gives up..I told him..it's an investment better than spending my $$ on junks
I used to buy "junk" (he called) for the house, back then I wasn't into bags that much (way before TPF). He didn't like it when I came home with more decorative pillows, candles etc lol..I reminds him with my old habit, spending $$ just to spend money. Now I spent my money on bags, I can sell bags if I need money but I can't sell my pillows LOL..Now he just let me be...plus I told him it makes me happy..that's the key..he loves to make me happy because one way or another I will make him happy. I make his life living hell otherwise..

There's always two sides to a coin! We dont know her husband and we dont know how their marriage is. But we do know a little bit about LVpug! From the last posts from her I gather she has been buying a lot of LV stuffs and also talking a lot about wanting lots of LV bags. She talks a lot about it here but probably talking about it to her husband constantly that he just had enough! So I cant really blame the poor guy! He sees his wife so obsessively into LV that he might find it he is so helpless in curbing or stopping this sudden obsession!
I think LVpug should just take it easy in the next couple of months. He just bought you your X'mas bag! Usually when a husband says no more something, he usually means no more for a month or so and not forever. Usually they forget and then you can go back and get your new bag. In the meantime enjoy your current bags and the bag you are going to get at Xmas.
Just my 2 cents!

I understand where you are coming from but remember, you are a married couple and that means you work as a team. He has to understand your love for LV and you have to try to understand and see why he is saying no more. He may have a concern that you are not aware of. Once you have understood each other, you negotiate and come to an agreement where you are BOTH satisfied.
Wonderful advice!

Also, I thought you had said in another thread that you weren't buying any more bags because it was a little out of control?

There's always two sides to a coin! We dont know her husband and we dont know how their marriage is. But we do know a little bit about LVpug! From the last posts from her I gather she has been buying a lot of LV stuffs and also talking a lot about wanting lots of LV bags. She talks a lot about it here but probably talking about it to her husband constantly that he just had enough! So I cant really blame the poor guy! He sees his wife so obsessively into LV that he might find it he is so helpless in curbing or stopping this sudden obsession!
I think LVpug should just take it easy in the next couple of months. He just bought you your X'mas bag! Usually when a husband says no more something, he usually means no more for a month or so and not forever. Usually they forget and then you can go back and get your new bag. In the meantime enjoy your current bags and the bag you are going to get at Xmas.
Just my 2 cents!

I agree with you here...just lay low for a few months. Try not to talk about LV or make any comments, pay off your cc debt.... then before you know it hes not so Anti-Bags anymore.

I know a husband who'd be sleeping on the sofa for a very long time if he tried to put down a rule like that :lol: But I agree with poshinstyle in that you need to find a compromise that both of you can live with.

Agree!

I could honestly never be with a guy who didn't understand my shopping habits. Regardless whether he is earning the money or not, he has no right to put down such drastic rules like that. I think even if he earned the money, it is extremely unfair of him to just force you to cut back like that. These sort of changes need to be gradual....

I understand where you are coming from but remember, you are a married couple and that means you work as a team. He has to understand your love for LV and you have to try to understand and see why he is saying no more. He may have a concern that you are not aware of. Once you have understood each other, you negotiate and come to an agreement where you are BOTH satisfied.

I agree!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

If my boyfriend said that I would say well then I will buy no more bags and you will get no more sex and that is fair. haha. And then he would buy me a new bag and apologize.

:roflmfao:

Good idea!

I used to just ignore my ex when he gave me a hard time about my shopping.

Luckily, he basically understood that it wasn't going to change, and even offered to take me on shopping sprees.

Money isn't something to ruin a relationship over, especially since he made enough money.

Sorry if I sound like a snob, but I really wouldn't be able to get along with a man who didn't "allow" me to buy designer clothes/bags/shoes. It's a lifestyle choice. Luckily, the men I attract tend to be the type who understand.

I think I was told no more bags back in 1998!:nuts: Meanwhile ... :lol:

But seriously, wether you make your own money or not is irrelevant. You are a couple and I don't think he will like it if you told him "I buy what I want because I make my own $$$ and don't really care what you think". Put yourself in his shoes. Would you like it if he said this to you? Why the need for more? Why not enjoy the ones you've got? I don't think another LV bag is a valid reason to have a fight. If I was given the choice between another bag and a happy husband, I would pick the latter.:graucho: JMHO.