Husband found my purse fund stash

That is sad but to good to read you are starting a new fund ... I have my own fund but my partner knows about it and every now & then contributes to it too;) Good Luck with your next bag stash.

Oh dear... so sorry to hear that.

But on a funnier note, I had to laugh when I read your story, not laughing at you, I know your pain. I was just imagining if my husband would do the same? On the other hand its so cute how he found it. Baking cookies...?

I kept my money in my bank account. He knows I have some money there but never bother to ask how much That's how my LV collection is growing.

Why don't you beg him to give you back the money and how you really skimp and save to get a new bag you so love and the fact that its a side moeny after all the bills paid. Cry if you must! I'm sure he'll soften up. If that still don work, charge the new bag to your credit card. He'll probably have to use that money to pay the bills..lol:graucho:

We have a joint account for bills and separate accounts of our own for other things. I think it's the best way to go. I know everyone's marriage is different, but I'd be ready to divorce if he tried to dictate what I'm doing with money I've earned. As long as the bills are paid, I don't quite understand why your husband did this. Is he's paying most of the bills and felt like you were holding out on him by saving money that is really needed to pay a bill? If this isn't the case, you need to sit him down and talk about the finances. You shouldn't have to hide it, nor should he feel he's right to take it. Sorry that happened to you when you were so close to buying your bag!

Seperate accounts is the only way to go in a marriage.

DH & I have a joint account, and always had for the past ~3 years we've been together (even when I was in grad school and making around 1/5 of his salary). It works out great for us, because neither of us are big spenders nor big misers. DH has been letting me buy my bags (i've been on a frenzy lately) as long as most of our income is going into savings each month. If two ppl have very different shopping habits (i.e. one person likes to spend a lot and the other always wants to save, etc), then yeah separate accounts may be better, but otherwise i don't see how having a joint account would be trouble.

If its your money, then you should spend it the way you want to!!! But I agree with the other girls, you might want to open up a ING or a HSBC online savings account. Get it a direct transfer whenever you get paid. Maybe like $10-$200 a paycheck..IDK. And then when you save enough money for your purse, you can transfer it into you checking account AND GO ON A SHOPPING SPREE! That way you don't have to worry about a hiding place, and DH can't go into your private account. :tup:

HSBC has a better interest rate 5.25% and thats how I funded my trips last year to NYC and Dominican Republic. AND I still have $ for my Mini Lin Boulogne!

I beleive in you.. YOU CAN DO IT!!!:okay: