Husband doesn't understand

My husband knows very well about purses as much as me , especially LV and Chanel ( a lot of models , leather , canvas ,sizes , which color hardware for which bags etc ) . Also he has a lot of informations about small leather goods :P but these are not meant to that he loves me buying these purses etc:biggrin: but he says ok your are happy ,ı am happy:smile:

My BF loves going into designer shops and he knows LV quite well.
I can discuss with him, but on the downside he has quite some fixed opinions.

A few years ago at Christmas when all I wanted was a Noe, he gifted me a Totally, because 'it's better'. In the end he is probably even right, but at first I was quite a bit disappointed. How would I now carry my five bottles of champaign?
I really fancy the mini pochette, he thinks it it ridiculous because it is so small. And I still did not buy it. Although I have to say he gifted me the regular pochette accessoires.

Of course, I could just buy what I want, but something stops me when I know he doesn't like the particular item.

My husband feels duty-bound to listen to me talk about bags because I listen to him prattle on about football, lol. If he thinks Louis Vuitton and Chanel are a waste of money, he hasn't let on. He's a strong proponent of "happy wife, happy life". Even so, I refrain from talking his ear off - I just update him on the state of affairs every now and then. :P

He doesn't want to talk about purses. My husband let me know today that he doesn't like purses and especially expensive ones, like LV! Am I the only one who has to find someone else to talk to about their love of LV and which purse to get next?

My husband isn't interested in bags either, and loathes the 'over-priced pieces of leather' that I'm obsessed with lol Doesn't stop him from babbling on about stuff that bores me to death though haha!

My husband listens to me talk on and on about bags and is a total enabler because he buys me them all the time. I feel pretty lucky! He does believe they are over priced but knows they make me happy. I reciprocate by buying him things he also has a passion for. He's great. Always gives me an honest opinion but supports me if I think differently, No judgement from him luckily :smile:

My girlfriend couldn't care less about my bags, shoes or clothes and without this forum I would have no one to share the hobby with. I mean she rolls her eyes each time I get a new bag, oh well!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
My husband listens to me talk on and on about bags and is a total enabler because he buys me them all the time. I feel pretty lucky! He does believe they are over priced but knows they make me happy. I reciprocate by buying him things he also has a passion for. He's great. Always gives me an honest opinion but supports me if I think differently, No judgement from him luckily :smile:

That's great. :smile: I want one of those!

My husband doesn't share my love for Louis Vuitton but appreciates that it makes me happy. I think it's perfectly normal for couples to have different interests, and not necessarily "understand" these interests. He likes birds and trees. I could not care less about these topics myself yet I cherish the fact that he has these interests.
Oh! I'm sorry.. I always thought you were a dude!

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Err... for me it's because he's the biggest part of my life and I'd hope that he'd care about the things I enjoy.

I consider myself lucky, DH supports my purse obsession and will actually nudge me to get another if I haven't bought anything in a while :love:

Awww, same here! We're lucky gals! DH was my best friend for many years before we got together, so I value his input on all of my silly obsessions, including purses. He really makes an effort to understand and appreciate my love of LV and actually gives me helpful feedback when I'm indecisive about a purchase. He's never judged me, even though he knows how absurdly expensive everything is. He just tells me that I work hard and deserve to treat myself. He's a good egg. :heart:

my DH also doesn't understand per say...he isn't into talking about it like I am, but he does know the different styles (neverfull...speedy...etc). He was so cute because I bought a new LV on New years day and he was inspecting it in the store with me. He doesn't get it, but he is supportive. This forum is for the obsessed, which is great because we can discuss into detail! i wouldn't expect a husband to be as obsessed as us gals on tpf :smile: