Hurt so bad I was speechless

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Okay dangit, I'm the type of person that will SCREAM at a paper cut. Many times I need to be :censor: because I have such a dirty mouth when it comes to getting hurt. You would think I was a sailor in a previous life.

Anyways today I was working around the house with my parents over to help. I have been redoing floor's, replacing Front door, appliances and a whole lot of stuff. Well we were finally winding down and finishing a lot of stuff today so it was finally the day to take all the crap to the dump. I was outside by myself loading my dads pickup truck with crap and I took one step wrong and BANG! I stubbed my baby toe. It hurt so bad I shoulda been :censor: up a storm but instead I was :Push: Dead silent:Push: breath:Push: bend over just breath. As I was standing there breathing I was like gee, this is kinda like hitting your funny bone, because I looked at my foot (in flip flops) and all I saw was a tiny bit of skin scratched. Like layer one skin, no biggie. Okay totally confused as why that hurt so bad I stood there and just breathed until the pain passed. Okay, decide to go grab another box and put that in the truck and I look down at my toe again and :amazed: My Pretty Pedicured *RED* nail polish ISN'T nail polish there was blood seeping quickly from under my nail. I reached down and touched my toenail and it just kinda floated :sick: . My baby toes' nail is like 75 percent ripped up from the bedding. I freaked a little internally then slowly walked to the front door that my dad was installing and said, "Get mom and First aid kit please" PLEASE :lol:
    Dad thought it was nothing since he never heard me scream or :censor: .
    Now 5 hours later it is swelling really bad and throbbing, but luckily not much pain. I know when you break a toe is hurts so bad and there isn't much they can do about it. But now it sucks also because summer is upon us and I very well might need a midnight blue pedicure next time.

If you made it this far, thanks for letting me vent to you and I hope I didn't bore you too much.

But there is a positive to this! 3 hours after the toe destruction, my first LV arrived in the mail!:heart:

2. DOAH!:cry: :roflmfao:

3. omg, this is going to sound horrible but I enjoyed reading your story so much. You have great writing skills and an awesome sense of humor, I felt like I was there experiencing the pain with you and I like the little smiley faces!

please don't take offense to that and apologies if I did offend you :shame:

With that said, I'm SOO sorry to hear about your toe. I can imagine the pain; I still remember when I was trying to be a showoff biking down the driveway with no hands. Next thing I know, the nail on my big toe is almost gone! :cry:

:lol: about the midnight blue nail polish. Eeks, hopefully it gets better soon!

4. I know that kind of pain. I fractured my toe so badly it was almost a spiral fracture (surgery would have been required). Thankfully it wasn't as bad as the doctor thought but it took months to heal! Get better quick! Can't go for a pedicure in pain.

5. I've had that happen, only to a fingernail! I hate to tell you this, but it's probably going to fall off entirely before too long. That's what happened to me once it had been loosened by the injury. :Push:

Hope you feel better soon - take some painkillers!

6. Ouch! That has happened to me before, only with the pinky nail on my finger.

Take care of your pinky toe, and feel better soon! :heart:

7. Oh goodness! I hope you feel better and that it heals in time for summer! :flowers:

I gashed the underside of my big toe on an escalator back in November. Was wearing red flip-flops. It didn't look like a big deal at first. I've stubbed my toes many times on furniture with no repercussion.. just initial pain that went away. But that time.. after walking half a block, the pain came back and I looked down and under my toe and it was bleeding like a mother. Had to go to emergency for a tetanus shot. :sick:

8. I'm sorry that happened to you! I would've been in tears! LOL...

9. I understand this pain. On Easter Sunday I was making dinner and reached into my pantry for a can of chicken stock. Another can fell onto the ring finger of my right hand, right where the nail meets the cuticle. Luckily I have not lost my nail but it is a lovely shade of purple. The pain was indescribable- I have NEVER had a fingernail injury before. I have also hurt my toes and the pain is very similar! Keep ice on it and and keep it elevated. If your toenail is bruised- and more than 30% of it turns purple, go and see a doctor. But in the mean time, keep it iced, elevated and load up on the ibuprofin if you can.

10. awww! well I am glad the LV made up for it some!!

You should go to the doctor if it gets any worse :sad:

at first when I read the title I thought immediately of a cheating boyfriend/husband!

11. Wow, that is a great story, and with an LV at the end of it!! I hope your toe heals quick. When I was young I lost the nail on my big toe. It was horrible, but it does take about 2 months to grow back. Good luck.

12. A few months ago I slammed my finger in the car door, which shut all the way. I didnt even notice until I tried to walk away and couldnt because my finger was stuck in the door. I look around and my mom says I went white. It was gross ...the entire nail was blue from blood and stuff. Unforutnatly I didnt know to have it drained so I had throbbing pain for almost a week. If yours really hurts I would suggest going to the doctor to get the blood drained, it'll help a lot. (though its pretty gross)

13. I shut the door on my big toe yesterday, it hurted so much so I feel your pain. I like your creative use of the smilies. :flowers:

14. Awwww poor thing, feel better :kiss: I know how painful it can be :cry: I had a door slammed open on my foot 1½ month ago and it still hurts when I walk :shocked::cry: Hopefully you will heal soon and well!!

And thanks for making me smile, I was taking a break from my maths (eugh :sick:) and your writing skills managed to entertain me for a few. Hehe!! Get better :biggrin: and enjoy your bag hehehehe :love:

15. Well that story had a :censor: happy ending!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice