Hunter Wellies... Repair???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

So I have a pair of Hunter Wellies, I believe they are the tall gloss boot in black. I purchased them in 2011 at Harrods while I was on a school trip to London. Since then, they've braved the massive snowstorms that I'm always subject to living in Chicago and NYC. Somewhere along the way (not quite sure when but I believe it was earlier this winter) I noticed that one of the buckles broke off. It's not completely off, it's still attached on one side, but as a result it flops against the top of my boot every time I walk. it's not a HUGE deal, but I'm usually a person who takes really good care of my things and I wish my Wellies reflected that. Anyway, my question is, does anyone know of a way I can get my boots fixed or replaced? Has this ever happened to anyone else? TIA :smile:

2. some easily available rubber glue should do the trick, same glue you find for mending bike tyres or paddling pools

3. I think you're not really supposed to wear your hunters in the cold. They are designed as rain boots, not snow boots. I think there is a temperature recommendation somewhere :smile:

4. If you don't want to attempt the repair yourself, I'm sure a good cobbler can fix them for you! My "shoe guy" has performed a few miracles on some of my shoes!