Hunter green color good for only fall/ winter or all year around??

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Hi everybody, been a while since I have frequented the RM forum, but now I need opinions about the hunter green.

Green is my favorite color and it's not a bright green, so I feel like the hunter would be good. Would you say it's pretty good for all seasons except spring really?

thanks!!!

I'm curious too! I want to buy the cupid in Hunter Green... I wear jeans a lot so I hope it will work year round! I feel like the Hunter Green paired with the light gold hardware would look pretty hot in the summer with a feminine dress. Give it a little pop.

I'm curious too! I want to buy the cupid in Hunter Green... I wear jeans a lot so I hope it will work year round! I feel like the Hunter Green paired with the light gold hardware would look pretty hot in the summer with a feminine dress. Give it a little pop.

I hope you are right schmurse!!
That's exactly what I plan on doing, using it in the summer!!!

Hi everybody, been a while since I have frequented the RM forum, but now I need opinions about the hunter green.

Green is my favorite color and it's not a bright green, so I feel like the hunter would be good. Would you say it's pretty good for all seasons except spring really?

thanks!!!

I think green makes a great neutral. It contrasts with pink or peach or even black. And if you have any summer dresses that are prints, they may have green in the pattern. I've gotten a lot of use out of green sandals to go with summer dresses.

Why wouldn't you be able to use hunter green in Spring?

LOL I would wear it all year round. As a matter of fact I have worn my Hunter Green MAM in the summer. But it's the older color hunter green not the new dark rich color.

But anyway I would wear it all year round. I have several summer blouses that are flowered and have green in them. Goes well. I also have a pair of multi-color capris that have green in them. I've worn the bag with those also.

Hi, I'm new to purseblog, as well new to Rebecca Minkoff bags in general. I order my first RM Mini Mac from Bloomingdales earlier this week. I purchased Hunter Green without having seen it in person. I absolutely loved how the color looked on the Bloomingdale's website, a very rich dark green, almost black. I received my package today, and I have to say I am very disappointed. Besides the fact that the color is lighter than I expected, I have two majors problems with this bag.

1-The fringe/tassles are a very bright green on one side. That is not how the fringe appeared in the Bloomingdale's picture. I really dislike how it looks! I wanted the fringe color to match the actual hunter green color of the bag on both sides of the fringe (how it appeared in the picture). I just find it too stark of a contrast, and was honestly shocked when I unboxed the bag and saw the color difference between the actual bag and the fringe color on one side.

2-I'm not sure if this is normal, but on the bottom of the bag, there is an uneven bulge in the center between the two middle feet. I have not seen any Mini Macs look like this in pictures. Is this normal or did I possibly get a dud?

I look forward to hearing back from you, as I'm not sure whether or not I should return this bag since I am not 100% satisfied. Thank you!

Hi DD,

I just posted a thread addressing issues similar to what you asked above. I have returned/exchanged a total of 4 Hunter green mini macs attempting to find one that didn't have major flaws. One of mine had a bulge on one of the sides. I don't think this is normal. The last Hunter Green mini mac I've received has the leather loop holding the buckle on the front sewn on completely crooked. I'm not happy but I just love the color. I too am currently trying to decide if I should return mine or not one final time. :cry:

Hi DD,

I just posted a thread addressing issues similar to what you asked above. I have returned/exchanged a total of 4 Hunter green mini macs attempting to find one that didn't have major flaws. One of mine had a bulge on one of the sides. I don't think this is normal. The last Hunter Green mini mac I've received has the leather loop holding the buckle on the front sewn on completely crooked. I'm not happy but I just love the color. I too am currently trying to decide if I should return mine or not one final time. :cry:
Hi Fleur,

Oh wow, I'm surprised to hear you've exchanged your hunter green mini mac 4 times already! clearly there is something very wrong with this batch...Is this your first time purchasing a mini mac, or do you own it in other colors as well? If you do own others, have you had any issues with them?

Thank you for your reply!

Hi DD! The only other mini mac I own is a Mahogany one (which is perfect by the way!) that I purchased at the same time I purchased the first Hunter Green mini mac. So I really don't have any experience prior to this batch with her bags...although I have owned her wallets and pouches in the past with no problems. I'm thinking it must just be something with these Hunter Green mini macs. I'm thinking I might try one last time to exchange this last one. I feel like a crazy person for trying so many times but the color is absolutely perfect! Gah!

Hi DD! The only other mini mac I own is a Mahogany one (which is perfect by the way!) that I purchased at the same time I purchased the first Hunter Green mini mac. So I really don't have any experience prior to this batch with her bags...although I have owned her wallets and pouches in the past with no problems. I'm thinking it must just be something with these Hunter Green mini macs. I'm thinking I might try one last time to exchange this last one. I feel like a crazy person for trying so many times but the color is absolutely perfect! Gah!
Hi Fleur,
I wish you luck on your quest for a beautiful hunter green mini mac! I actually went to Bloomingdale's on Saturday to either exchange or just return my mini mac, and was astounded to see how great the quality was of the displayed mini macs compared to the hunter green one I received through the mail. The leather was much nicer and the quality of the bags were up to par with what I expect from a designer bag (no bulging, nicks or faded leather). As it turns out there were no hunter greens in the store for me to compare, but they did have addition colors that were not listed on the Bloomingdale's website. I ended up exchanging it for the elephant color (a dark grey with silver hardware), and it is a beauty. The quality is wonderful! To be honest, had Bloomingdale's listed the elephant color on their website, I probably would have purchased it over the hunter green from the start because I had seen it on the Rebecca Minkoff website and loved it (But Bloomingdale's had the better cyber monday deal :P). Anyway, I hope you find the hunter green of your dreams, and I appreciate you taking the time to discuss your experience with me :smile: p.s. if you are looking for a mini mac with silver hardware, I really do recommend elephant!