Hunt

genegeri

O.G.
May 14, 2010
I was just wondering if any of you have experience with searching for your dream bag. Did you have a style in mind and searched for it? For how long? Did you end up finding it? I ask because I've been hunting for one bag in particular but I seem to always be one step late or it's just not showing up. What methods have you guys tried to hunt one down and which worked for you? I've been searching on ebay, of course but nothing. I check a few reseller website but nada. Also, I'm waiting to find it for the right price. There's one out there but it's waaaaay over priced so I wait.....but I'm getting discouraged. I don't have time to visit consignment shops everyday.... Any suggestions? What was your experience like?

buterflye

La vie en rose.
O.G.
Apr 25, 2007
The thing I love about TPF until now is that it's a community full of helpful people. Someone will always try to point you to the right direction. That's how I started. I did a search in this forum, then if it wasn't discussed, I post a new thread about the particular item I'm looking for, then believe me, the PMs just keep coming! There are many lovely kind souls here who would be willing to extend their knowledge, information, and contacts just so you can have that thing you're looking for. I've been quite lucky the past few years to always get what I want, and as I think back, it's always because of members who shared my burden and agony of the "hunt" and tried to help me through it.

So stick around this forum... It will take research, a lot of asking nicely, and finally, you will have boutiques, SAs, and resellers on speed-dial who are nice, trustworthy, and will try their best to locate that item you want/need.

Good luck! :tup: Everyone here is on the "hunt". That's why we spend so much time on here looking and asking and you will never be short of people who will be more than willing to help.

May 9, 2008
what particular style are you looking for? messenger, shoulder, totes, clutches...
do you have a preferred brand?
size preference?
you can start by answering these questions. so you can narrow down your search.
hope this will be of help to you.
good luck!

Fenix

\(^_^)/`
Feb 15, 2007
I just browse all the forums here and look at the action pics. When I find a particular style I like, there's usually a shopping subforum that has a list of popular etailers who carry that brand... then I just see what colors they have in stock.

genegeri

O.G.
May 14, 2010
@buterflye: Can you give me the numbers to the resellers? Pleeeeze.... I figure that would be my last ditch effort to get my bag. I thought of calling some locals ones yesterday and one of them said they had it two weeks ago. Yikes!!!!! I was crushed and felt defeated... Like I said, always a step behind. @goldbundles: Yes, I know which one I'm hunting down. It's chanel and came out 2 years ago but no more... sigh... I wasn't into chanel back then, now I am and I want to start off with that purse. Thanks guys!

Fenix

\(^_^)/`
Feb 15, 2007
@buterflye: Can you give me the numbers to the resellers? Pleeeeze.... I figure that would be my last ditch effort to get my bag. I thought of calling some locals ones yesterday and one of them said they had it two weeks ago. Yikes!!!!! I was crushed and felt defeated... Like I said, always a step behind. @goldbundles: Yes, I know which one I'm hunting down. It's chanel and came out 2 years ago but no more... sigh... I wasn't into chanel back then, now I am and I want to start off with that purse. Thanks guys!
Which Chanel is it? There's some etailers that sell old styles.