Hung up on Hardware

So I slept on it last night and am so excited about my decision.... I’m keeping the PHW! Shocker! I woke up, got ready in a new dress I got and it’s a gray lovers dream. This bag is going to fit SO WELL into my life [emoji23] I love her so much. While I still have love for the GHW it is not something that gave me heartburn while packing her up.

Thank you to everyone who responded! Everyone’s comments were so thoughtful and I really took it all to heart. I only hope this thread can be helpful to others facing the same decision either when offered a bag or when reevaluating their collection [emoji8]

Off on our maiden journey and I couldn’t be happier [emoji173]️

IMG_5819.JPGIMG_5838.JPGIMG_5844.JPG

So happy you have the bag of your dreams! It is definitely telling that your heart didn’t ache packing the GHW bag up. It will make someone else very happy!

This thread has been a real thought provoker. I always thought I loved GHW more.. but since getting my RGHW and my PHW birkin.. I am leaning towards preferring those less flashy colors on a birkin. The bag feels more casual in design and I’m starting to feel like the GHW makes it feel fancy.. almost too fancy. Whereas, on a Kelly I still prefer the GHW because the design of the bag is dressier. Especially on a Sellier.

I know I haven’t reached for my
GHW birkin in over a year :frown:

Yeah! I also like the palladium with etain. Usually cool colors look best with palladium while warm colors look better with gold hardware, imho. Where it gets tricky is some look good with either such as Barenia. For those who simply cannot decide, the shadow birkin with no hardware is for you.

So happy you have the bag of your dreams! It is definitely telling that your heart didn’t ache packing the GHW bag up. It will make someone else very happy!

This thread has been a real thought provoker. I always thought I loved GHW more.. but since getting my RGHW and my PHW birkin.. I am leaning towards preferring those less flashy colors on a birkin. The bag feels more casual in design and I’m starting to feel like the GHW makes it feel fancy.. almost too fancy. Whereas, on a Kelly I still prefer the GHW because the design of the bag is dressier. Especially on a Sellier.

I know I haven’t reached for my
GHW birkin in over a year :frown:

Thank you!! I’m so happy for the person that gets it. It’s a stunningly beautiful bag!

I totally get what you are saying! While the color combination was stunning, my cool-toned wardrobe just clashed with the gray/GHW combo. I have no doubt it will work for someone else. And having scoured endless pictures on Instagram it’s amazing how good it looks on others. Just wasn’t for me. Sigh. Oh well. All fixed now!!

Reactions: GoldFish8
Yeah! I also like the palladium with etain. Usually cool colors look best with palladium while warm colors look better with gold hardware, imho. Where it gets tricky is some look good with either such as Barenia. For those who simply cannot decide, the shadow birkin with no hardware is for you.

Haha the shadow birkin would be perfect for my indecisiveness! I need to invent some magnetic or clip on gold hardware [emoji23]

Ooh. They both look so nice but my eyes go straight to the gold every time. You pull off both very well. Which one would you rather have 10 years from now?

You said "gray/phw is my favorite combo of all time. I know the PHW will fit in flawlessly in my wardrobe." You know what you want. Trust your gut. Good luck!

I think hardware is very personal, I’m drooling for GHW at the moment but at the end of the day the color needs to match.
Personally I think etain goes well with phw, you clearly wanted the PHW and even to as far as saying it’s your fav combo.
Let the other one go and know that it will be well loved by a GHW lady