Hump Removal Review in Korea

lucylalalulu5

Nov 27, 2017
Hi, everyone. This is caucasian female rhinoplasty review of opera clinic. Hope the experience I'm sharing here helps those who are looking for the same procedure and please add your experience of rhinoplasty here so this thread can be a general thread about rhino!

CLINIC : Opera
SURGEON : Dr.Kwak
SURGERIES : Open Rhinoplasty(thin silicone implant just on bridge) + Removal of Hump(osteology)
DATE : last summer
COST : dm me

21 year-old girl from Russia. Little bit more about me,
I was fine with my appearance and did not have any inferiority complex then I graduated from high school and went to Korea. I didn't hate my nose but wanted to fix the hump. Just removal of the hump and not getting totally new nose shape. I did last year 2017. I can say that the nose reached the final shape after 6-7 months.

HOW I FOUND THE CLINIC
As an exchange student, I came to Korea, spent one semester here and decided to take a hump correction on my nose. I did some research on clinics recommended by Russian friends because I wanted a surgeon who had lot experiences with Russian people. Then, I read one review about Opera who had rhino and breasts. (It was a review in beauty blog/Russian forum) Anyway, I went there, had a consultation with Dr.Kwak. The consultant showed me the before and after pictures (Actually it was the review I found online) Also, I liked having a talk with dr.Kwak and turned out he is a gooood surgeon. I visited 4 more clinics in gangnam and apgujeong but I chose this clinic because it was one of my friends' recommendation and their PRICE.

OPERATION
The surgery was under sleep anesthesia and it took 2 hours. I rested at the clinic for 3 hours and went home with a hard cast on the bridge and bandages. I couldn't breathe thru nose and had to use mouth which gave me hard time at night.(the stuffing was out the next day) About the surgical result, I’m satisfied. The hump was gone which was my goal. Major swelling went down between 1-2 months. In 6th months and most of the new shape of my nose has settled down. I didn't experience much difficulty during recovery, I just tried to stick the healthy diet to fasten the loss of swelling during the first weeks.

If you’re so afraid of a surgery, having implant and not ready, it is better not to take. But if you do want a change, just be brave for one or 2 weeks. After that a happy ending is waiting for you.

It was easy for me to find a clinic because of my friends but for those who have no connection in Korea at all, please share your surgical experiences here! Thanks!

Attachments

• 퍼스포럼.jpg
    퍼스포럼.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 735
Hi I kinda interested in opera. Which however I didn't hear much about the recommended doctor there.. anyone can suggest?

FYI this is the price they quoted me

1.Revosion Rhinoplasty
krw 2.600.000
+ Nose tip plasty : krw 500.000

2.Double Eyelid
Insional : krw 1.300.000
Non-incison : krw 800.000

For your information
Anyt type of canthoplasty : krw 600.000
Ptosis correction : krw 700.000

SO CHEAP RIGHT! but I also concern about the quality.. Have a big dilemma right now.. Anyone have suggestion?

Hi for everyone who can’t read Chinese, I have taken screenshots of Opera’s Dr Kwak’s rhinoplasty work from the Chinese forums. I like what Dr Kwak has done with the hump removal of the threadstarter of this post.

However I am not very impressed with the results of the Chinese forums. Looks like there’s no change at all. AABE3CF3-9FED-4B50-B5AB-9D14CC7F5364.png C3033704-CA8B-44F9-8B3C-461EFFF77706.png

Hi I kinda interested in opera. Which however I didn't hear much about the recommended doctor there.. anyone can suggest?

FYI this is the price they quoted me

1.Revosion Rhinoplasty
krw 2.600.000
+ Nose tip plasty : krw 500.000

2.Double Eyelid
Insional : krw 1.300.000
Non-incison : krw 800.000

For your information
Anyt type of canthoplasty : krw 600.000
Ptosis correction : krw 700.000

SO CHEAP RIGHT! but I also concern about the quality.. Have a big dilemma right now.. Anyone have suggestion?
The price range above seems correct :smile:

Hi !

I'm interested in your experience as I feel the same about my nose.

For the nose plasty, did they shorten the nose a little bit or just make it a little bit upward ? Because I would like to make my tip a little bit smaller for a softer look, but something subtle and natural.

Do you have any recent pictures from side and front ? :smile:

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Hey, my nose tip changed subtle to upward to be balanced with the new bridge. My nose tip was not big but raise it little so that my nose won't look long after the removal of hump also.. to be little prettier and more define :smile:

Hi for everyone who can’t read Chinese, I have taken screenshots of Opera’s Dr Kwak’s rhinoplasty work from the Chinese forums. I like what Dr Kwak has done with the hump removal of the threadstarter of this post.

However I am not very impressed with the results of the Chinese forums. Looks like there’s no change at all. View attachment 4083773 View attachment 4083774
I remember seeing the first and second ladies' before/after photos, I thought they looked natural and okay. They were the photos from different angles. Actually, you all should check out the korean lady with the hump and super round and flat nose tip, and she looked amazing after a dr.kwak's rhinoplasty surgery. It was the photo that the consultant showed me with her cell phone. (probably one of korean forum where you share B/A) I will ask my consultant for the photo so I can share with you here.

Last edited:
Reactions: zhuca450