Food Hummus

Really easy to make. I prefer my own

1 can garbanzo beans (the regular size, I think it's 16oz?) with juices
1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
juice of 1 lemon (or to taste, I like a lot)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 clove garlic (adjust to taste)

Throw it in a blender and enjoy.

I love it too - and it's simple to make. Homemade tastes soooo much better than what you'd buy at the grocery store. The recipe I use is very similar to Bonnie's - and Tahini lasts FOREVER, so you can keep it in the fridge and make some Hummus whenever you need!

I love it too - and it's simple to make. Homemade tastes soooo much better than what you'd buy at the grocery store. The recipe I use is very similar to Bonnie's - and Tahini lasts FOREVER, so you can keep it in the fridge and make some Hummus whenever you need!

LOL could you define forever? Because I've had tahini in my fridge for about 2 months and wasn't sure if it is still good.

I looove hummus - love chick peas and eat them straight from the can. I have never made my own hummus though but think I might now. My kids love it which is awesome because it's so healthy. Thanks for the recipe up there!

Yes! I like it because it is so flexible, whatever peppers, etc you have around, you can just throw them into the electric molcajete with your garbanzo beans, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, etc, get somebody to give you some naan and poof! Sandwich!