Humbled by Hermés

It's amazing, isn't it?

Other than replacing a present bag ( a store credit) I'm not even pulled by the entire handbag section of better dept stores like NM or Saks, much less any one bag. And I live near a lotta stores that seem to speak every language of temptation... fuschia croc at Chanel, soft buttery YSL muses, Gucci patent leathers, Fendi Spys and Prada boutique suedes. Nothing. Sometimes I even test myself with CASH in pocketbook, with pleanty of time to kill. Nothing. Smiling S.A.s get nowhere. I'm hooked somewhere else...

I've slowed down. I'm no longer a predator in the handbag department. I quietly ADMIRE women looking lovingly at bags, not wonder if I just missed the bag of my dreams when she purchases it! It's very team-building, and takes the randomness of the hunt out of shopping. I'm much more relaxed shopping with DH... even if he asks, no I don't want a bag here. And no I'm not crazy. I'm waiting for the perfect Kelly! :love:

Still a headless chicken, but now a broke headless chicken always saving for the next H bag, lol.

Well, I am learning "a little" patience, I will admit. And it's all thanks to H. I'm the type that says to herself "Okay, I can buy three kelly bags or a new car." Will it ever end? Will there always be just ONE more bag before my collection is complete? Who knows. Putting it together is half the fun, choosing the special combos of just the right color and leather. It makes me who I am.

After reading more posts from others in this thread, I think I'm still a headless chicken cos of my shopping list for bags... I think I need to get my first H bag to cure the headless chicken disease. I assure all of you that I was worst before. Anything on sale will be in my bag. I'm proud to announce that it's no longer so!

nola, i love this post....it's very well said. the 'headless chicken' thing still happens to me....though the H forum is def. helping with that :smile: just today, i found a great deal on a bag i'd wanted for some time...but then i remembered that i'm going to see my SA at H on monday, and i'm going to want some play money. while i'm still weighing it a little (this 'patience' thing is new ground to me), i'm pretty sure i'd rather have a few little things from H than this other bag, even though the bag is very pretty and a great deal.....i'm having to remind myself it's not always about a great deal, but about what will bring you the most joy.

thanks for the reminder :smile: