HUH? Exotic Stam w/GOLD Hardware?

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
OK, is this a mistake or what? I was looking at NM's website and was trying to figure out why they had two almost identical pics of the Exotic Stam in Fuchsia (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...0149cat000226cat6920731cat13970809cat17970749)-- when upon closer look I realized that they are actually different -- one of them has GOLD HARDWARE! Is this a mistake or are they really making these bags in your choice of gold or silver hardware??

NMV06CY_en.jpg

i've been wondering that too. it's either one of two things: the camera flash is making the hw look gold or it's a sample that was never mass produced. if you look at the pic on marcjacobs.com, you'll see it looks as if it has gold hw there too, so i'm leaning towards the latter reason. one thing's for sure, the fuchsia looks good with either gold or silver hw.

eta: the pic you posted is from a catalog. nm will add catalog pics in addition to the pics they already have on their site.

Last edited:
ita - it's probably a sample bag. i know i've seen differences in bags from what is shown as the stock photo vs. what is actually sold and it's usually because it's the concept sample.

^^ really, j? you like it better with the gold hardware? usually, im a gold hw girl, but in this case, i think the exotic stam looks way better with its silver hw - it looks more edgey. :rochard:

^^ really, j? you like it better with the gold hardware? usually, im a gold hw girl, but in this case, i think the exotic stam looks way better with its silver hw - it looks more edgey. :rochard:

not on all the exotics -- I LOVE the black & silver, the dark grey (w/purple) looks great with the silver too -- but for some reason, maybe it's the shade of fucshia (red), but I like the gold better on that one -- I've never seen it, but I bet the gold would look great with the browns too -- when MJ switched to gold HW I was disappointed becuz I always loved the silver HW, whether it was polished or brushed. It took me a while to get use to the polished gold -

^^ im a big fan of the darker colors with gold hw - browns, navys, greys; it just looks so classic, and classy!

see, im the total opposite. one of the main things that attracted me to mj in the first place was the gold hw. i was never into silver hw, until recently, when i stumbled upon a beautiful large indigo multipocket with red stitching and silver hw. it was love at first sight! :love:

Last edited:
Oh, heck, it doesn't look like the gold hardware bag is available!
I forgot that there are several new bags with gold, I love this gray with gold....
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod60910066&cmCat=search&searchType=
NMV06CR_mn.jpg

I LOVE the hardware on this bag -- I saw them when Nordstroms first got them and I thought those gold plates were such a cute change from the typical O-rings -- they look so nice IRL -- I really like the Spring Street, but it's just not my kind of bag (but I still think it's GORGEOUS!!)

i agree. i'm a HUGE gold hw fan, but i prefer the silver hardware on the fuchsia python-trimmed stam too. the gold looks nice, but it makes the bag look classy uptown while the silver gunmetal is fresh, edgy downtown style.