HUGE Warning for anyone who uses CINGULAR

Cingular is EVIL. I think they've got the crappiest service out there. The few times I've gone to a free-standing Cingular store with friends, I always see LOUD yelling matches between SA and customers. Once the police were even called!

I think it's nuts because of how any SA can access your account and view your personal information and make changes WITHOUT your consent! That's terrible!!!! Thanks for the warning! I will stay far and away from them. Luckily Verizon has been good to me, so I'm sticking with them.

been with t-mobile for 3 years, never had a problem whatsoever. i have a shared family plan w/ my sis and we always check our bill every month.

thanks for the warning, though... i'll keep that in mind when/if i ever decide to change carriers.

thanks Roo for sharing this... I have cingular as well, and we have those plans already on our account but that is bad business for them to do, i hope that the sales person gets punished or something..

I filed a complaint about this with the State of Washington Attorney General's office today. Cingular is already in trouble with the State so I hope this can be added to the complaint pile.

I worked for them for quite some time. Actually, what happens is these sales guys go into there cutomers accounts and change the codes on the accounts to reflect there own comp codes, so as long as the code is on the customers account and the customer dosent remove them, the service is vesting and the sales guy is getting commission on it. When you sign up for new service or upgrade service and get a new phone they add the feature on the account with or without your permission, sometimes telling you its a free 1,2 or 3 month trial, after which it will automatically come off, thats NOT the case. The option, after the free trial, will then start to charge the customer and show up on the bill. Some people even randomally go into peoples accounts and change these codes and put there own comp codes in them so that they can get paid instead of the original sales associate. also, its true that we are able to pull up anyones account at any store or call center and change or edit information without permission from the customer. Its dangerous, I use to be able to run peoples credit and check there credit scores using the 3 major credit bureaus ( of course this was apart of my job desc.). Even if you put a verbal password on the account, it dosent matter to the sales people. They can still get into it. scary! also, they are told to tell you that no supervisior is available..they dont like escalated calls, so they try to de-escalate as much as possible so that they dont need to go get a manager. Usually when they tell you its a manager, its normally not..its just a team lead who handles the teams escalated calls..next time ask him for his badge number which in cingular world is called a CUID..that will freak him out. hahaah but shhh! I didnt tell you :smile:

I filed a complaint about this with the State of Washington Attorney General's office today. Cingular is already in trouble with the State so I hope this can be added to the complaint pile.

Since they are already under scrutiny, this ia good way to go IMO. I have never EVER liked Cingular and I've been with them since AT&T bought them out... :sick:

Sorry to hear about your problems. I love cingular. I've had them for over 10 years. The customer service years ago was not as good when they were located here in Philly, then they moved to Okalahoma I think, and they are so nice and helpful. You probably talked to the one bad one there. hope you get it worked out.

i miss AT&T...stupid cingular! i think next time they try to mess with me I will ask for their CUID...thanks lv1011 for that tip.

i am thinking about switching to another company, ive had WAY to many bad experiences with cingular

No problems with Cingular here. In fact they are the best cell company i have had in terms of reception. Not too sure about customer service though. But i dont really call in, i make all my changes to my account online. i have to have either tmobile or cingular anyway because i travel internationally and i need to be able to pop a sim card in my phone.

I haven't had any problems with Cingular, hopefully I won't. I've had to deal with their cs also and the stores around here are very helpful. That is really wrong that they can add things to your account without your permission though, I never knew...so now I'll keep an eye on our cell phone bill. I had TMobile for years but the reception was bad surrounding our area and the cs with them was horrible (I am assuming maybe I just got a bad apple a few times and they aren't all like that).

That's horrible! I was thinking about switching to cingular because everyone I know is there. But now I'll have to reconsider. I've had a few billing issues with verizon in the past, but I always had it resolved with them giving me credit that I deserved.

I thought that with the competition from other providers, more companies would be willing to try to keep their customers. I guess that's why most of them have 2 year contracts now.

The thing that would scare me the most (if I were a cingular customer) is that the sales people have access to personal information like ssn's and other account information.