Huge Sale at Ignes!! 35% off of certain leathers!

Hi vancouverpurse,

I have a mini sofia and its a great daily bag , its a perfect size for me, I carry basic stuff mostly , but if you are going to fit in diapers apart from your own stuff you may want to consider the midi size.

there are some good photos in the interiors thread which will give you a good idea of the size.

You can also have a messenger strap attached to the sofia if thats convenient for you and get the handle lengths adjusted to make it more comfortable.

I have the rolled handles since I like that look better especially when hand holding it
I guess it just depends on you some say that it stays up better , I have personally worn both flat/rolled handle bags without problem.
The tinted wine I have is a very beautiful leather, its a burgundy shade, soft with a tint.
The tinted shades are kind of between patent and matte , atleast thats what I think of them as .

Ditto! The mini is too small for your things and kids, IMO. I'd do the midi Sofia OR a mini Ormala, if you like that bag. For me, rolled handles stay on better and are easier to cross for no slipping.

The tinted leathers are very soft and some have a bit of sheen in person.

Forwarded dh the sale and suggested (lol) a birthday clutch. Hmmm....

Vancouverpurse, I think Sofia is a great alternative baby bag. How old are your kids? Do you carry a ton? I have a full sized Ormala in wild colors that is both a work bag and diaper bag depending on the day. It's a bit big for the diaper bag. It's more formal looking than the Sofia, I think, but not so formal in pink patent ;).

I'm 5'6" and a size 10 or 12 (depending on brand).
OrMoMla002.jpg

(And the same pic again...need a new one, eh?)

Okay, No Cute, I think you've solved my problem w/ mini v. full size Ormala. I don't carry enough daily to fill the Ormala as a regular bag. Now that I see the picture again it helps a lot, seeing as we are roughly the same size.

Euridice, if you've got a chance to snap a photo of the mini and regular together, that would be awesome!

I know one Ignesista-ette (oops, we never decided our nickname) had flat handles in patent and she felt they were cutting into her so she got them replaced with rolled patent handles. I don't mind the flat patent handles. I love the feel of the rolled handles on my Chiara, though.

Vancouverpurse, I will say that my patent messenger strap did cut in (but I'm terribly whiny about messenger straps), but I've got an accessory to pad the strap now. I can see that a soft leather would not be a problem for me, now that I see it discussed.

Elizat, unlesss the Ormala is for work, go for Mini O. Ormala is pretty giant as a purse.

that's right....PISCES!!! it's time....for the reminders and email campaign to begin.

It has begun. LOL...I named all four clutches. Then in person, mentioned red nappa, purple, and Mini Sofia in purple. Yipe! I think he's gonna bite! I may actually get an Ignes reveal for me....won't it be fun to see what he picks (and a bummer if it's a sweater instead, lol). He like the sale price and since Ignes makes only beautiful bags and dh has decent taste, I think I'm safe. :smile:

Thanks everyone for your prompt advice! Much appreciated and lots of fun reading your replies. My little guys are 2 months, and 2 years so I think I'll likely go the route of Midi Sofia with rolled straps. Will keep you posted.

ps the pink patent ormala is ADORABLE!

Help! I want to order my wine bag now and am signed up for the newsletter as of several weeks ago but never got the sales notice....could someone please kindly forward it to me? xxx
Thank you thank you!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for your prompt advice! Much appreciated and lots of fun reading your replies. My little guys are 2 months, and 2 years so I think I'll likely go the route of Midi Sofia with rolled straps. Will keep you posted.

ps the pink patent ormala is ADORABLE!

Thanks.

Yes, 2 months and 2 years, I would definitely go midi. Those ages mean a lot of stuff.

I just emailed Ignacio. I need more info on the bordeaux and aubergine leathers... I think I'm going to increase the strap drop a bit too. I want to do a naughty bottom (lol). If it is in raspberry or a purple kind of leather, I think I want gold, like Royalwink (?). Opinions?