Huge mistake or museum piece???

good news is i have many birkin and kellys so this was a choice to expand my outwear wardrobe. i have one good fur and a lot of basic wool coats and light coats too and one basic chic black fall trench but when i saw how chic it looked simply on the rack i thought well, this is certainly a unqiue, extremely wellmade piece that i must have. so i think i am glad i kept it so far but haven't worn it, it is too warm right now. but fall i will definitely!

It's amazing!! I love it! Every woman needs a piece in their wardrobe that makes them feel good. I think if you send it back, you'll regret it. It's such a classic gorgeous coat. :drool:

Ok I just had to come back and post this, I was flipping through the august issue of Tatler and your coat but in grey is in it under Hot Looks. I thought that coat looked vaguely familiar :P

i feel bad spending so much on a coat! it is a new thing for me. i used to be very basic now i am more couture minded, so this is new foray for me into outerwear.
i am the type who wear anything she wants anytime while dressing for the occasion. luckily so far i get away with it! :winkiss: it can be a lot of fun.

Your coat reminds me very much of a long black Chanel trench that I purchased 4 years ago. Same type of fabric as yours and it has a camellia on each shoulder. These are timeless pieces and you should keep it and be able to wear it more than 2X a year.

HC, I have even expanded the vision to lower price points, Ha ha! I recently purchased a DKNY Blue lightweight denim trouser jean with matching double breasted trench. There is something so timeless about coats like this and they can be dressed up/down etc. I'm going to wear my orange togo Kelly with it. Just need some cooler weather or a trip to EU:smile:

this is on another related thread but what do you think of this?

00240m.jpg

it's 2 yrs old but i love it..

this is on another related thread but what do you think of this?

00240m.jpg

it's 2 yrs old but i love it..
This is fabulous!! Just to let you know how timeless this is...I have pics of my mother wearing almost the identical suit in dark brown with gold colorway. Her suit had brown beaver for the collar. I know she had it made to order. She said she also had a brown hat trimmed with the brown checked fabric, but I never saw it myself.

OMG that is amazing GK. i should just have it made then it seems if i could find a good enough seamstress, they are hard to find!

I think you could find a similar jacket and then look for a companion fabric as shown in the pic. It would be much easier to have a skirt made than a jacket. Since there are two patterns, it would be easier to find the companion and as long as it was wool, it would work. You could even have a fur collar made it you really wanted to go for the whole look. You certainly would have a unique one of a kind suit!!!