Huge Department Store Cosmetic Giveaway e.g. Chanel, Lancome

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I looked around and didn't see this posted, so if this is a repeat just let me know.

"Because of a major lawsuit filed against major department stores in California in 2003 (it seems some of the big name stores were purposely holding back inventory to up the price of high end beauty products), everybody is getting paid back in a major way next week.

Starting January 20th, major stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s are being forced to give away $175 million worth of beauty products nationwide, for free, to anybody who walks into their stores.

Shoppers only get one item per cosmetic company, while supplies last - Think Chanel, Estee Lauder, L’Oreal, etc"

Stores and brands
    http://fashionista.com/2009/01/free_makeup_at_department_stor.php#more

More details
    http://www.cosmeticssettlement.com/

A SA on the forum I got this off of confirmed that yes they are giving away products due to the lawsuit. But if you look at the list, most of the items are samples (15ml/30ml) and the best deals seem to be L’Oréal brands (Lancome and the like) and a variety of perfume body lotion, cremes and scrubs. But still it's worth checking out! It's good for a week starting the 20th and is first come, first serve, as long as supplies last.

According to someone who called Bloomingdale's, each customer is allowed ONE free item per store, not per company and needs a valid government ID.

I think I'll go but probably after the inaguration :yes:

2. So these stores will be giving them out to anyone with a valid govt ID even though you may not be part of the class? I suppose it would be impossible to prove that you are part of the class - who would keep a receipt from 1994 - 2003??

Thanks!

3. It's pretty much impossible to prove you are part of the class, so it seems companies are just taking down your information as a way of tracking the giveaway.

I suppose if you had a receipt it wouldn't hurt to bring it, but I don't think it's necessary.

4. Ok so who got the product? you need to call your local store and find out! many people dont know about it!