Hug Me - Large w/ 2" longer handles Pics

camommyof3

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Hi all. This bag just arrived today and I wanted to share what a Large Hug Me looks like with handles that are 2" longer than the standard issue. Being a size 10-12, I did not find the standard handles were very flattering or comfortable on my shoulder, although they did fit. Wearing the bag over a coat on my shoulder would have been completely out of the question. Here are pics with the handles changed to 2" longer. I do not feel that it alters the look of the bag. I think that it drapes very well on me with these extra 2". I intended for this bag to primarily be worn over the shoulder and was a little bummed that it just wasn't working for me with the standard handles. I am very happy! For reference, I am 5'4". The bag is packed with my things.

Hope this helps someone!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3988.JPG
    IMG_3988.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_3992.JPG
    IMG_3992.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 396
Thank you for the pictures! She is LOVELY!

The reason for not even entertaining the idea of ever getting a hug me, due to the standard handles being too short, just flew completely out the window.

Completely. Out the window. :devil:

WOWSERS!!!!!!:yahoo:

I just LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing these pics.

I think I know the answer to this question but are you happy that you didn't ask for 3 inches longer? Personally, I think it's just perfect and can't wait to receive mine!

WOWSERS!!!!!!:yahoo:

I just LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing these pics.

I think I know the answer to this question but are you happy that you didn't ask for 3 inches longer? Personally, I think it's just perfect and can't wait to receive mine!

I think the 2" extra is just perfect! :tup: I couldn't be any happier. :yahoo:

OMG Camommy. :yahoo:..now I have to contact Jackie again and tell her I am going for it for my large choc glossy Hug Me, even with the extra cost.,..it so makes this bag EXACTLY what I wanted!! Thanks so much for sharing!! THIS IS THE BEST!!!

that is a beautiful bag. i like how you customized it requesting longer handles. is it comfortable to wear over the shoulder? was there any cost to extend the handles? did jackie offer 3 or 4 inch extensions too? how long is your total strap drop?

i think the longer handles allows it to drape more which accentuates the pebbled texture. nice choice!

Camommy, do you know the measurement of the handle in inches? Right now my Hug Me's handles measure 12". My Love Me Midi handles measure 18" from one end to the other. I'm wondering if your handles are lengthened to 18" to give the drop an extra couple of inches or if it's less than 18". Pikey1 (I think that's right) had her pewter Hug Me handles lengthened to 18".