Hug Me Black Crash & Black Glossy PICS!

Well, I have Balenciaga but no crash Belen Echandia. I really must correct the problem so I can weigh in here.:yes: I have wanted something in crash since I found BE. It looks so fantastic that it has to be teamed up with the perfcet bag and lotts of slver hardware so I can get the full rocker chic affect.:supacool:

Yes...."rocker-chic" is where it's AT!

I did a side-by-side comparison between by Bal and new WTM in plum crash. Both are equally soft and smooth, but there is a difference in the type of leather. I'm not saying one is better than the other....just different but both beautiful.

Hey....they gotta be beautiful if they're in my collection!!! ;)

That was mostly what I was trying to say. They are totally different IMO, but beautiful in their own ways.

I wonder if I just got a black crash bag with dry leather, then. You know how some bbags have drier leather than others? It does feel like it needs a drink of conditioner, but I've been too afraid to put anything on it for fear it would ruin the finish.

I do have a purple crash WTM midi on the way. I bought it right after I got my black glossy WTM midi. I was originally going to get the pewter crash, but the pics on here of the purple crash WTM swayed my decision.

That was mostly what I was trying to say. They are totally different IMO, but beautiful in their own ways.

I wonder if I just got a black crash bag with dry leather, then. You know how some bbags have drier leather than others? It does feel like it needs a drink of conditioner, but I've been too afraid to put anything on it for fear it would ruin the finish.

I do have a purple crash WTM midi on the way. I bought it right after I got my black glossy WTM midi. I was originally going to get the pewter crash, but the pics on here of the purple crash WTM swayed my decision.

I agree with your view circoit fully. My black crash LM is broken in by how it slumps (wore it a lot for college). It has gotten softer, but in an objective light, it isn't soft at all (which could be a benefit to some since it requires virtually no care). I also wanted to add it is the toughest of all my bags even with being broken in. The only thing breaking in did was make it slump more by veining it more on the surface, but the texture (feel) is still tough and drape isn't conforming to your body like I imagine a Bal to be.

Welcome back Paintednightsky!!!! We're bag twins then with the LM in black crash!!!! Isn't that something.....

Do you have a Bal Paintednightsky??? 'Cause mine sure doesn't drape. You should check out the pic of my Black Crash LM...I'll post it for you. It literally puddles to ground...absolutely gorgeous!!!! And you can imagine how gorgeous and drapey it looks on my shoulder!!!

Don't be such a stranger.....I'll have to come and visit you in the Ignes threads sometime. ;)

Attachments

• Love Me broken in.jpg
    Love Me broken in.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 37
Eeek! Since I'm the one that initially compared the B-bag to the BE, let me at least explain why....I used to own a black Classique so I am familiar with the leather - and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the BE stock pic of the Black Crash. Here's a side by side comparison:

BE:

Balenciaga Black Classique (I think this is from 2007 leather?):

They DO look a little similar, right? (Please tell me I'm not crazy!) I'm sure in person you can easily see the difference...I was hoping that the feel of the BE would be somewhat similar to the Bbag...it's too bad it's not. :sad: That's okay, I wanted the Black Glossy anyway! :P

Sailornep5, to be fair, have a look at the photos here on this forum of the Black Crash leather.....it has a gloss to it, more so than the Bal pic you posted, so unfortunately, the pic on the BE site is a bit deceptive.

Both leathers are very pretty, but are quite different.