Hudson to make her return to the spotlight; Will sing national anthem at Super Bowl

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. http://charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1016&rip_id=%3CD95MUC781%40news.ap.org%3E&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Jennifer Hudson to sing at the Super Bowl

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:14 AM EST
    The Associated Press
    By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY AP Music Writer

NEW YORK (AP) — Jennifer Hudson is using pop culture's grandest stage — the Super Bowl — to make her return to the spotlight following the slayings of her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
    NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed Wednesday that Hudson will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl in Tampa, Fla., on Feb. 1. E! News first reported Tuesday that Hudson would perform.
    Hudson hasn't made a public appearance since her 57-year-old mother, Darnell Hudson Donerson; 29-year-old brother Jason Hudson; and 7-year-old nephew Julian King were slain in Chicago in October. Her estranged brother-in-law has been charged in the killings.
    Hudson, who had released her self-titled debut album shortly before the killings, is also scheduled to sing at the Grammys' MusiCares event in Los Angeles a few days later. She is nominated for four awards at the Feb. 8 Grammy Awards.
    The 27-year-old Hudson already has an Oscar to her credit, a best supporting actress win for her role in "Dreamgirls." The former "American Idol" contestant's career was continuing its skyrocketing rise, with featured roles in movies like "Sex and the City" and "The Secret Life of Bees," as well as her album release, when the slayings occurred.
    The Super Bowl is the most viewed spectacle on television. Bruce Springsteen is scheduled to sing during halftime of the pro football championship game.

2. Wow...Even though its gonna be tough for her, Im sure she'll do an amazing job. I know I'll be watching.....:couch:

3. Good for her, I know she will be fantastic!

4. Phew! When I read the title to this thread I was thinking Kate Hudson was going to sing the national anthem!!!

5. Very brave girl to sing at such a high profile event as her return, but I am sure she is going to get such a great reception, poor girl will be so emotional.

6. I am excited that she will be singing, I know she will do a great job.

7. My thoughts are with Jennifer ... I am praying for a very successful return to the spotlight. She's such an amazing talent.

8. I love Kate Hudson...but I'd probably have to mute the tv if she sang the national anthem.

good for Jennifer..I'm sure she will do well

9. I'm glad to see she's coming around.

10. I hope she is doing better. I will definitely be watching. She'll do great!

11. I am very excited to see her come back...I will pray and watch!!! Keeping her and her family in my thoughts...

12. Same here!

13. She is really pretty and Im so glad she is appearing at a public event. I hope her heart doesnt hurt as much.

14. Poor girl, I wish her success.

15. Wow, I wish her the best. It will be hard but, she will do Fantastic.