hsn has a fake hermes or look alike :(

See, I cannot get worked up over these bags at all. They're not a fake per se, since they don't pretend to be an Hermes bag. Doesn't say Hermes anywhere on that bag. They're an attempt of a look-a-like. I have seen nicer look-a-likes for that matter. If someone wants to carry that bag (which I think is ugly too), then let them be happy with it. It's if someone carries a fake that I start getting headaches.

Eww! While I do buy some Sephora and other skin care goodies on HSN, I'd never buy their bags. I'll never forget one year the fake PLASTIC Birkin-esque bag that was offered as a freebee with a skin care kit. And the vendor was actually serious that you should carry it around - and with her money and the big time actor she's married to, I know she'd NEVER carry that awful bag around on purpose!! So why talk down and treat your customers as stupid people? A few months ago someone posted on another board that they purposely sought out this bag at a HSN outlet store - not to buy the skin care (which would have been expired as this was years ago) - but to get in their words a Hermes Kelly, not Birkin. Egads.

i wonder for those that buy this bag, are they trying to pass it off as a croc kelly OR they do not know what a kelly is & just like the design of the bag?????

i say pure assumption that for the larger part probably the latter. but i really do not know and actually i do not care what other buy or do as long as it does not affect me or is illegal (in this case it is not as it is not a fake just an inspiration and actually i see a lot of kelly inspirations from a lot of brands even ferragamo did or does one)
funny thing is i once bought a beach tote made out of straw and linen very cute and from a respectable brand too ) just to find out it was heavily inspired by chanel see noone knows everything and anything when it comes to who produced what when etc as therefore i assume a lot of inspired bags out there are bought because their designs areloved by the owners and they do not even know that it was inspired or who is the original manufacturer - the same thing can probably not be said about fake bag buyers :s

See, I cannot get worked up over these bags at all. They're not a fake per se, since they don't pretend to be an Hermes bag. Doesn't say Hermes anywhere on that bag. They're an attempt of a look-a-like. I have seen nicer look-a-likes for that matter. If someone wants to carry that bag (which I think is ugly too), then let them be happy with it. It's if someone carries a fake that I start getting headaches.

ITA. it's not a fake, it's one of those "inspired by" bags. i'm sure that most ppl who would buy it don't even know what a Kelly is, they just like the style of it.

I'm not suprised at HSN, i have seen a lot of "inspired by" items there. Not everyone can offered a designer bag but you can get great bags for 70 bucks that are original rather than a cheap copy.