HPs or VPs?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I sold my VPs in black and nude patent a while back because I wanted the HPs instead. I liked the higher platform on the HPs, thought it gave them an edgy look as opposed to the classic, safe look of the VPs. I have never worn my HPs since I got them, not for any other reason than I have other CLs that I have been wearing recently, mainly the Pigalle Platos. Now, I know it seems silly, but I took my HPs out the other day and put them on and I wasn't so sure about them. There are so many cheap looking girls in the British tabloids wearing similar platform CLs, so perhaps that's what's making me doubt them. Plus I have pretty skinny legs and the HPs are quite chunky on me. The nude ones don't look as chunky because they are a lighter colour, so it doesn't make them look so heavy on my thin legs. I've found myself thinking about the VPs again and wishing I'd kept them instead of selling them to fund the HPs. I'm also a bit worried that the HPs will date because of the bigger platform. The VPs are certainly a classic. The HPs aren't even out for this season, so I'm told.

What should I do? Keep my HPs or sell them to fund the VPs? TIA

I have both VPs and HPs, but my HPs are hands down my favorite! Yes, the platform is bigger, but I truly believe they are not trendy but classic timeless beauties.

As far as they looking chunky on you, post a modeling pic. I'm positive you are being too tough on yourself. Don't second guess yourself, put those babies on and enjoy them!

Btw, those are HPs on my avatar. Gorgeous and classic, don't you think?

I have both VPs and HPs, but my HPs are hands down my favorite! Yes, the platform is bigger, but I truly believe they are not trendy but classic timeless beauties.

As far as they looking chunky on you, post a modeling pic. I'm positive you are being too tough on yourself. Don't second guess yourself, put those babies on and enjoy them!

Btw, those are HPs on my avatar. Gorgeous and classic, don't you think?

Yes, those are gorgeous but they look less heavy and chunky than my black patent ones because they are lighter in colour. I wish I could post a modelling pic but my legs are so white at the moment. I seriously need a spray tan!

I prefer the look of the VPs to the HPs because I don't like the chunky platform of the HPs. (however, I don't mind if it's an exotic HP for some reason) I feel like the chunky platform makes your toes look weird when viewed from the side and front. I really like the VPs because they are classic-looking and have the perfect amount of platform. Maybe wearing HPs in a lighter color would look better on you.

Thanks ladies. It's amazing how the shoes look so similar but the added little bit of extra platform changes the look completely. I feel that the HPs are very "now" and trendy but the VPs are more classic.

VP! I prefer the most classic look. HP is more edgey and I'm not sure if i would wear it as I age :smile:

Well put. I think HP is edgy too. It's a good way to describe them and I'm also thinking of longevity and which will still look good in 5 years time.

I'm actually considering keeping one pair of my HPs and letting the other go and buying a pair of VPs to replace them, so that I have the best of both worlds.

Also, just wondering, ladies, does anyone know if they are making the VPs with the little elastic bit at the back to stop heel slippage, like on the Pigalle? I saw a pair on eBay that had the elastic.

Last edited: