How's your MC Holding up?

baglady362

i hate depreciation!
O.G.
Jun 29, 2008
just want to ask:

1. how long have you had your MC item -- bag/wallet/case

2. has it started fading yet? chipped?

i just read on vuitton.com that fading over time may be possible since the prints are silkscreened on..

im just very curious since this is what's holding me back from getting an MC piece..

TIA!!

I have a black MC Speedy whos corner is starting to fade up near the zipper. Other than that the canvas is perfect. It's about 4 1/2 years old. Something like that. Handles & trim are pretty dark...inside nice & clean. I'm happy with it. :tup:

I thought all coated canvas LVs used the silk-screened process...? :confused1: It's just that it's more obvious on MC because the design uses bright colors...? :shrugs:

No, those are just coated canvas. The Murakami lines and the Groom are all silk-screened on top of the coated canvas, meaning the coloring is put on layer by layer. This is why those lines are more prone to chipping.

Anyway, most of my pieces are ok, I've had my white Alma since maybe 6 months after it was first released and it's generally in great condition. There is just a bit of chipping on the symbols near the zipper but it's nothing terrible.
My mom's wallet isn't doing too well though, a lot of the symbols are chipped...she shoves a lot of stuff in her bags and yanks her wallet out a lot though, that could be part of it.

I have a white MC wallet, I've used her everyday (almost) for three years and she still looks pretty good. The canvas looks excellent, it's hardly showing that I've had it for that long, the leather has some patina. I do try to keep my bags neat and tidy so hopefully that helps.

My first LV 3 years ago was my black MC Lodge. Love love love this bag, no chipping, looks fabulous, the long strap is getting a great patina... and I love wearing her as a messenger cross body. Really amps up my outfit. I don't wear her constantly though.. can't believe the price increases on this bag... yikes. And, resale doesn't look so great on ebay either....

I've had a White MC Priscilla that I used twice for three years...there's very faint/slight bleeding of the mc colors onto the white..and very slight bleeding of the patina trim onto the white.. It's very little, but it bothered me so I sold it~
I love white mc but now I think I'll just stick to black...hopefully that'll be better~

I have a Black MC Speedy, a White MC Wallet & White MC belt...I've had them for about 2 years..They're doing fine! I would go for it, they're beautiful!

I got the black MC speedy whenever it came out, seems like 4 or 5 years ago at least...I used it for 2 years practically everyday and then not very often. The canvas is still perfect, no chipping or fading but the vachetta is dirty. I'm not that careful with my bags though. So I think just worry about the vachetta like any other bag, the canvas is very durable.

I have a white MC cles - seriously hurt, it has been used heavily for several years now and the canvas is no longer white and the logos are chipping off. But the interior is pristine - go figure !