How's the 6 month ebay SNAD working out?

Apr 12, 2009
I did a quick search and didn't find much on this topic. I'll admit I didn't read the fine print when Ebay released the new SNAD policy - I basically said, "that's it, no more ebay!", and fell of the face of the handbag buying/selling world, desperately trying to be happy with what I have. Well, I am getting restless for new (or new to me) leather goods but I need to sell a few things first. Sadly, nothing moves on Bonanza, Tradesy seems to charge quite a bit and I don't know much about Poshmark. Ebay seems to still be the best place to sell if you really want to get rid of stuff. I'm just terrified of this 6 month SNAD policy! How's everyones' experience been thus far? When I finally sell something, do I have to wait 6 months before I can safely reinvest proceeds? THAT'S no fun!

Nothing has changed for me. If someone is unhappy they usually tell me within a few days after purchase. I withdraw my money after they give me feedback or after my 2 week return policy period is up. I would hope that if someone were to wait almost 6 months before claiming SNAD, the only valid reasons would be counterfeit or something that broke within a warranty period. Would ebay really believe someone who said the item had more wear than they expected if they wait 5 months to complain? I really hope not. Most people don't have the chutzpah to do something like that.

Would ebay really believe someone who said the item had more wear than they expected if they wait 5 months to complain? I really hope not. Most people don't have the chutzpah to do something like that.
Chances are, someone with the chutzpah to do that is a scammer and would do it no matter what the policy.

Reactions: reneeluvscoach
Nothing has changed for me either. I sell on Ebay and Poshmark mostly nowadays. I don't have a high volume of items on Ebay and it is slow going to sell, but I have only had one return since that policy started. I've been surprised at what I can sell on Poshmark - old jewelry, clothes, shoes. I was planning on donating those things and it was nice to get some money for them, so, I would encourage you to try out Poshmark if you have things you are willing to sell for cheap.

Reactions: reneeluvscoach
Thanks, ladies, that actually makes me feel better. We always hear the horror stories when the scammers show up, but nobody posts in social media saying, "Another great day selling on ebay!" It's only money, right? :noworry: