How’s Chanel’s new lambskin?

wenhuy

Jul 27, 2017
Hi I just received my black lambskin square mini and when I compared it to my woc that was bought 3 yrs ago I found them to be quite different, i.e. less shiny and less soft to the touch. I read a couple threads here about Chanel is treating the lambskin differently nowadays, for those of you who have the “new” lambskin, how does it last? I’m pretty happy about my woc :-s but I’m not so sure about this lambskin. TIA! AFCF8E09-AC70-4C5E-8362-A244046A4D2D.jpeg125AF1AD-FF1F-4BA5-BF09-0969B39FB953.jpeg

Reactions: Chic-Chick
I noticed this too! I have a series 30 chanel lambskin flap and while it‘s pretty shiny, it feels stiffer/harder to the touch, almost like goat or calfskin..

I think it depends on the season. I bought a lamb mini last year and it was shiny, firm and luxurious feel. The 2019b lamb was very good and I was able to buff out any minor scratches.

The general quality for Chanel has declined for me (unfortunately) and really depends on the season. When I compare by jumbo from 10 years ago to today's classic flaps, even the finishings were cleaner and more crisp.

Reactions: honeybunch
I would share your concerns. I’m sorry I don’t any new lambskin but I do own lots of older lambskin which resembles your woc. Buttery shiny and more durable than people think. I love lambskin but I fear the quality has deteriorated significantly and it looks quite dull in recent times. Perhaps those that own the new lambskin will tell me if I’m wrong.

I think it depends on the season. I bought a lamb mini last year and it was shiny, firm and luxurious feel. The 2019b lamb was very good and I was able to buff out any minor scratches.

The general quality for Chanel has declined for me (unfortunately) and really depends on the season. When I compare by jumbo from 10 years ago to today's classic flaps, even the finishings were cleaner and more crisp.

Thanks for sharing! do you think lambskins in 2 adjacent seasons would differ much? I'm thinking if I should get a 21C to compare with this 20B :doh: which can be a hassle

I would share your concerns. I’m sorry I don’t any new lambskin but I do own lots of older lambskin which resembles your woc. Buttery shiny and more durable than people think. I love lambskin but I fear the quality has deteriorated significantly and it looks quite dull in recent times. Perhaps those that own the new lambskin will tell me if I’m wrong.
Exactly! I took my woc for trips abroad and have even been caught in the rain. Its durability exceeds my expectation since there are many ppl claiming it's fragile. My heart sings when I touch my woc but not so when I touch this mini. :sad:

Exactly! I took my woc for trips abroad and have even been caught in the rain. Its durability exceeds my expectation since there are many ppl claiming it's fragile. My heart sings when I touch my woc but not so when I touch this mini. :sad:
Yes I am very much inclined to agree. I have always purchased lambskin first and foremost for about 10 years. I've only recently purchased caviar. There are so many lovely colours out in recent seasons with lambskin especially the square minis which I love but I just cant bite the bullet as I feel that quality of this 'new' lambskin just isn't a match for older lambskin.

Reactions: honeybunch
Hi I just received my black lambskin square mini and when I compared it to my woc that was bought 3 yrs ago I found them to be quite different, i.e. less shiny and less soft to the touch. I read a couple threads here about Chanel is treating the lambskin differently nowadays, for those of you who have the “new” lambskin, how does it last? I’m pretty happy about my woc :-s but I’m not so sure about this lambskin. TIA! View attachment 4899643View attachment 4899644
Hi did you keep your mini bag, it looks so cute. I’m considering to get a WOC lambskin with silver hw. Please let me know how do you like the new lambskin? Thank you!

My 20B rectangular mini has really shiny and soft lambskin while my new 21K square mini has a matte and sturdier lambskin. Although they are different, I think both are beautiful and gives the bags a different look/feel. The "new" lambskin feels like it won't scratch as easily which makes the bag a little more carefree for me compared to the softer lambskin.

Reactions: sisterhood