How's about a vintage Kelly reveal? It's my first, too!

katillathehun

Professional Dork
O.G.
Nov 29, 2011
I recently acquired my first Hermes: a gorgeous vintage Kelly! It was basically in good condition but needed a little TLC here and there. Some stitching was loose, and the color had been worn from the bottom corners a bit. So, I immediately sent it away to Rago Brothers in NJ, and it's on its way back now. It should be in my hands tomorrow! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Here are the pics I took before I shipped it away (they're a little dark, but the bag is actually indigo courchevel.)

(And please ignore my wrinkled dress.)

(...And the fact that I accidentally locked the belts under the flap when I took the photo, haha)

More pics to come when it's all better!

Attachments

• kelly1.jpg
    kelly1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,255
  • kelly2.jpg
    kelly2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,244
I recently acquired my first Hermes: a gorgeous vintage Kelly! It was basically in good condition but needed a little TLC here and there. Some stitching was loose, and the color had been worn from the bottom corners a bit. So, I immediately sent it away to Rago Brothers in NJ, and it's on its way back now. It should be in my hands tomorrow! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Here are the pics I took before I shipped it away (they're a little dark, but the bag is actually indigo courchevel.)

(And please ignore my wrinkled dress.)

(...And the fact that I accidentally locked the belts under the flap when I took the photo, haha)

More pics to come when it's all better!

This is a beautiful handbag. Enjoy her in good health.

The bag is beautiful and I love vintage Kellys, in fact my two bags are both vintage. Yours is gorgeous! It's a 28 or a 32?
Thanks everyone! It's a 32, which is just the right size for me. It didn't have a strap, but I ordered one from Mautto.com that matches relatively closely. Combined with my collection of vintage scarves from who-knows-where, and it's going to be quite a mish-mash of accessories! Ha.

So pretty! Congrats! I've been eyeing a vintage Kelly too with some color loss on the corners as well so I can't wait to see the after pictures! Maybe I'll pick her up after all! But here is a newbie question. Why did you send off to NJ? vs. at a Hermes Store?

Oh, and I LOVE your outfit!
Thanks! I sent it to Rago Bros as opposed to a Hermes store because I just didn't want to deal with the hassle. I've heard mixed reviews about the experience and wait times with Hermes, but I've heard nothing but great reviews of Rago and their handling of high-end leather. Plus, it only took two weeks! If it were a new bag, I would've sent it to Hermes for sure.