How would you respond to a comment like this?

I think many people just don't know LV. They don't want to know or maybe can't afford it. Not everyone follows every new line LV comes out with every season and are only familiar with mono. Maybe damier. So armed with such limited knowledge about LV, she simply was ignorant. I think that's very normal. People really cross the line though when they know that they're not an expert on something and have done zero research on it yet imply something negative about someone else AS IF they do know everything on the subject. As if her understanding of the subject is the ONLY reality, then act rudely based on that assumption. Ugh, so irritating.

I was in the Supermarket this afternoon, waiting in line, using my WC Speedy 35...the lady next to me in line is frowning at my bag, I looked at her and she raised her eyebrows rudely and looked at my bag again...it was sitting inside the trolley...I looked back at her blank and looked away ready to put my items up, and she said "why the hec did you paint your Louis Vuitton bag"? The Checkout girl is looking at me, and I was in shock, I said "sorry?" and she says "oh nothing" and rolled her eyes... I said "Oh I often get out the paint when I'm bored, but that's my business?" what else could I say she had such attitude with me?!

The checkout girl looks at me all confused, so OK she obviously doesn't know the new LV range, I mean we don't have it in my state, but how RUDE is that! She seriously thought I painted the bag myself? :wtf:

Well, the lady does have a point... WC bag DO look like a DIY job by a bored housewife, does it not?

I don't mean this in a bad way, but you have to see the funny side of this. I mean - have you see the PULP? Its like a bucket of paint just spilled on it... I like it, but you see what I mean? Fashion items can look like a bit of a car crash at times.

People are so rude. Why is it her problem even if you DID paint your bag? Funny off topic story. My brother is a guys guy and doesn't get my LV obsession obviously. He asked me how the design on my WC speedy got smeared!! lol My mom and fiancee both started laughing at him.

What I'm confused about, is if she knew that it was a WC speedy and she just wanted to be rude to you about it, like, 'why did you paint your lv like that?' or if she didn't know about the WC line and she seriously thought you painted your bag.

Either way, I would have been in such shock if that happened to me. I wouldn't have said it in a mean way but I actually would have told her like, "Umm....I'm sorry, excuse me, but this is a Louis Vuitton Watercolor Speedy 35.

I think it is a testament to just how authentic the painting design on this bag is! That is great IMO.

She's just ignorant & jealous that you had a LV in the 1st place hence the nasty look & then for it to be something she never saw before well that probably annoyed her even more - you have a beautiful bag - please dont let that moron spoil your day!

Oh I get the same remark when I carry my Grafitti bag. I just giggle.

Lol. My mum was quite surprised when she saw a Graffiti for the first time. She seriously thought the girl who was carrying one wrote over her bag or worse, it's a FAKE.:Push: I think with "older" ladies, it's pretty shocking how LV has evolved from simple monogram bags/suitcases to various patterns and colors of these days.

Was it a brown WC though? Because even though I actually prefer brown ones over white, brown WCs do look a lot more like one had a creative time with a paint brush. I'm betting that same lady would not even recognize the white WC as an LV if she runs into one.

I feel your frustration though! Even though my mother throught some bags are really "crazy" looking (her words, not mine) she would never say anything about them to a stranger.

I would say something silly yet very sarcastic back to her. something along the lines of 'Oh no I didn't paint it my 7 year old student did this for me on my louis bag... " lol