How would you recreate this Kourtney Kardashian hairstyle?

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
I think a large barrel curling iron (bigger the better) would work well... wrap the hair around it starting at around the ears and after you've finished, brush your fingers through to break it up so it looks less defined and more lived in. I don't use curling irons (I have curly hair), but this is just based on things I've read (I'm a beauty magazine junkie)! :P Hopefully someone with real experience can chime in. :smile:

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
I read a bit back right after you curl your hair while it is still warm to pull it straight.

This morning I tried this on my hair. I curled my hair with a straightener and right after I curled it I pulled it straight down so it would loosen the curl. When I curl my hair with the straightener I always twirl and twist it around my finger to make sure the curl is there so with it twisted I pull it down if that makes sense. I don't know if it makes a difference or not..Ive never really tried it another way.

Mar 24, 2007
When I had long hair, it would look like that if I put it in a loose braid while still wet.

I agree with the braid idea. It's not really curly, it's more wavy. So if you put your hair in a braid while it's wet, spritz some hairspray that gives you movement, and sleep with it over night. In the morning when you take your braids out you should have the wavy look. Try two braids on each side (like pippi longstocking) since it seems that her waves started on the sides and it's straight on top.

HawiianPunch

Sep 3, 2009
I just figured it out!!!!
Take a damp section of hair, twist it, then wind it up in a bun. I put about 6-8 around my head below my ears. Then blow dry them using a diffuser, after they're dry, unwind and separate. Voila! Came out exactly like Kourt's! I too love, love her curls!!! Hope this helps :smile:

Last edited:

HawiianPunch

Sep 3, 2009
I just figured it out!!!!
Take a damp section of hair, twist it, then wind it up in a bun. I put about 6-8 around my head below my ears. Then blow dry them using a diffuser, after they're dry, unwind and separate. Voila! Came out exactly like Kourt's! I too love, love her curls!!! Hope this helps :smile:

Oh, and it depends on the amount of hair you have too, I have crazy thick hair so I need 6-8 buns. My friend only needs 3 so play around with it :smile:

PrincessMe

Thank You God <3
O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
OK I was just doing hot rollers and they came out really good..definitely a huge diffrence when you curl vertically,,,
ive seen hairstylists use a combo of hot rollers and then large curling iron to get the effect but definitely use both vertically like heatherdazy said :yes: