How would you handle this....(long post)

and if she gives you a hard time about the shipping fees (again i really do not think she sent it but who knows?) then she can pound sand. you PAID for shipping already. tough noogies if she paid more.

i would maybe call your cc and see if the money was frozen from them or if they got it back from her. my guess is after all that time she cleared out her account and they just took it as a loss, kwim?

hmmm..... maybe call pp or your cc and ask them. i think in certain cases if they can't get the money from the seller they chalk it up to a loss and the price of doing business.

if she's schemey enough to keep your item my guess is she cleared out her pp account so you could not get the money back from her. but who knows.

and if she did keep the money and is now insisting that you send her MORE for shipping the item then she is the ballsiest person EVER.

did you check the tracking number to see if it's valid?

I would be afraid the item I wanted would not be the item she sent.... a bait and switch. She has already lied a few times.

$850 is alot of money. I would just not accept it if/when the box arrives.

I would be curious though to see what was inside......... hehehe Even if it is the correct items, she does nto deserve such a good sale. Send it right back unless it is some valuable rare item you may never find again.

What a dreadful story.

Fauve

Hello my friend~ She can respond to you via the dispute. She CANNOT leave you feedback because she is no longer a registered user. Do NOT keep the item. If you do, your claim will be closed because you opened it up under "item not received". If you do open it, and say it is fraudulent. You will NOT be able to open up another claim. Only 1 claim per ebay auction. It sounds as though the "chargeback" was taken from her account. I have done this on one occasion. I issued a chargeback and the $ was taken out of the sellers account by the Credit Card (like a return). Paypal had nothing to do with it. I also got a slap on the wrist by paypal, because they want you to go completely through their complaint process.

You have done the right thing. Make sure you do NOT open the package and just put return to sender. Hopefully, she won't try to send it back to you again. There are 45 days to file a claim. I would wait til the 44th day and return the box. This way papyal has to make a decision based on their timeline. (I was given this information directly from a paypal employee):graucho: .

Good Luck!~Ghost

One other thing~ If there is tracking and confirmation that you have received the box via USPS, you will have a problem and probably have to pay for it again and keep the said item.

but thats assuming they did take the money from the seller. i really think amaxer needs to call and see if that happened. i am not one for getting one over on somoene else but if the seller did keep the money and then gets the back back she wins in every way- which is sickening.

i really think you need to call your cc company or pp to find out what to do.

Gez- this is way to much of a hassle. I just got a email from Federal Express the package is in Austin. Fed-X writes the shipment was delayed pending documentation required for US customs and Border Protection Clearance. Fill out this form you have five days to do so otherwise it will be returned to the sender. I download the customs form and it a form like if I was an importer.
Okay- enough of this. I am calling my cc company and see what's up.

Hmmm....what a terrible experience!! Sorry to hear you had such hassle.:heart:

You're quite within your rights to refuse the package, as the item was not sent as agreed, or even within a reasonable time frame (2 months is most definitely not reasonable, unless by prior arrangement)

Though she seems to think it's ok to still send the item after all this time...?? Even when you've said you don't want it any more? CRAZY! I'm not sure that she will send it...but still, you never know!

At least you have your money back through your credit card.
The 'chargeback' showing through Paypal basically means 'disputed funds'
Until a claim is decided either way, the funds will be disputed.
Did you claim through your CC company before filing with Paypal, or were the funds returned to your card via Paypal?

If she's NLRU, then she can't leave you feedback, and vice versa.
I'm not sure why her messages are still reaching you through the Ebay system though, unless someone has hacked the account...? Because you have to be signed in to Ebay to use 'My messages':shrugs:

I'm not sure. :s

If it were me, i think i would be inclined to open the package under the supervision of the delivery person...record a description of the contents, and then return it immediately!:yes:

but thats assuming they did take the money from the seller. i really think amaxer needs to call and see if that happened. i am not one for getting one over on somoene else but if the seller did keep the money and then gets the back back she wins in every way- which is sickening.

i really think you need to call your cc company or pp to find out what to do.

Luckily you paid with your credit card!

The money will get taken from the seller. The credit card company collects the money from Paypal. Her account will show a negative balance or if she closed her paypal account then paypal will be sure to go after her for the money. Through collections, bank account or whatever route they decide to take.

I truly believe that honesty is the best policy, just refuse the bag and your conscience is clear.

I do too. i would just hate to see the seller win and keep the bag and money. otherwise, as i originally said, i would just not accept the package.

I had a package to me, from Germany, sit in Customs for over 30 days. I would post something either on the paypal or trust & safety ebay board. There are a few experts there.

uggg... what a NIGHTMARE. this is why i am wary of ebay sellers who are outside of North America.
You should definitely return to sender without opening. Even if she sent everything and there really was a delay due to customs/importing, youve already begun the process of getting creditted back and filing with ebay and keeping the item wouldn't be right.

Good luck with getting this resolved!

Go to ebay live ASAP and review the whole thing with them-I would just wash my hands of the whole mess, plus even if she could leave you feedback (which I really doubt) all you have to say is paid and never rec'd item etc etc-good luck!

After talking with Paypal and American Express- the charge back has been closed and there can be no reversal at all. I received my credit and If I was a dishonest person I could keep the package and tell her to go take a leap but thats not my style. So Federal Express has instructions to send the package back it will be unclaimed at customs. Funny thing.. the lady that I talked to at Paypal. tells me.. If I were you I would leave the package at customs for the max amount of time which is five days and then on the fifth day call them and tell them to return it. She also stated that it looks like when the charge back hit her account she decided to send it to you otherwise you would have been ripped off. I am relieved that this worked out and I am not obligated at all to complete this transaction. Thank you ladies for your knowledge and experienced advice.:flowers:

She also stated that it looks like when the charge back hit her account she decided to send it to you otherwise you would have been ripped off.

i don't understand this. so the money was taken from her account and she still decided to send it to you? how would you have been ripped off since you got your money back?

and i just want to be clear- because i feel like my advice is being taken wrong- i am not saying you should keep it just because. i am as honest a person as they come- i was merely saying if pp did not take the money from her- and i didn't think they did since i thought you said you got the money from your cc company and not pp- then i did not think she should be allowed to have your money and the bag. i would have told you to call your cc company and let them know what happened too. actually i did tell you to call them. maybe it's just my perception but i feel like people are saying i am dishonest by my advice.

She also stated that it looks like when the charge back hit her account she decided to send it to you otherwise you would have been ripped off.

i don't understand this. so the money was taken from her account and she still decided to send it to you? how would you have been ripped off since you got your money back?

and i just want to be clear- because i feel like my advice is being taken wrong- i am not saying you should keep it just because. i am as honest a person as they come- i was merely saying if pp did not take the money from her- and i didn't think they did since i thought you said you got the money from your cc company and not pp- then i did not think she should be allowed to have your money and the bag. i would have told you to call your cc company and let them know what happened too. actually i did tell you to call them. maybe it's just my perception but i feel like people are saying i am dishonest by my advice.

Heather:
No one including myself ever thought for one minute that you were being dishonest by your advice. It never even crossed my mind and I am very sorry if your perception led you to believe that. I am sure that I ended my post by saying thank you.. If you read my original post I did state that my American Express handled the charge back and credited my account. I took your advise and called both Paypal and American Express to make sure without a doubt I could not be recharged for this item before refusing it to Federal Express.

As far as the quote from the Paypal representative, I did just that quoted her. I have never charged back a purchase that I made so I am as new to this as the next person and If her statement was not in line with the protocol I would not know that.

I sincerely hope that this clears up all the doubts that you may have regarding my opinion of your integrity.:flowers::drinkup: