How white/light is the vachetta on new items you get? And do you care?

Mine had the perfect light/white vachetta when I purchased it two weeks ago. Mono Speedy 30...

I've been carrying it for about a week now and it's starting to tan a little. I like the process and I don't really baby the bag. Our house has light coming in from everywhere..so no matter where I have it it's going to be in the sunlight...lol. I don't worry about it at all. I'm just letting the process happen naturally....
I actually love the look of the beautiful white new vachetta and also when it darkens/patinas..it looks so rich IMO.

Hmmmm .... I personally don't care if the vachetta is super white because it is going to get patina within time anyways. I love the way "most" LVs look with darkened patina (looks like I'm the only one who feels this way). :shame:

Hmmmm .... I personally don't care if the vachetta is super white because it is going to get patina within time anyways. I love the way "most" LVs look with darkened patina (looks like I'm the only one who feels this way). :shame:

^They have a club for the patina call Show Us Your Tan. There's also a thread with many different views of patina or not. It also depends on the individual. you're not alone in loving the dark patina.

I don't really care. Most of the time it's almost pure white, but 3 of my bags already had the patina (one "leftover" bag that I bought in 2005 but it was made in 2002; another was a display piece; and the last one I chose the display piece cuz it was made better than the one in the back room)

My items (from the boutique) have always been very very light. I wouldn't really care if they were a little darker, but not too patina (ed). I'd want to do that myself. It happens very quickly in Hawaii.

My bags have also come with the plastic on the handles, so pretty light.

All of them now have patina and i am desperately longing for the virgin white leather.

^ delicious :heart:

I like mine to be pristine white. I bought a bag once that was on display. I was told it was just put out a few days before. It was pristine, but it still bothered me that it was handled before. It was the only one they had so I bought it anyway.