How/when did you first fall in love with B Bags?

I joined tPF to ask about Brahmin bags and went through the forums and even ridiculed Balenciagas, the mirror, the tassels, yikes! .. I showed my husband the bag and said "Can you believe people pay $1000 and over for these??"

Fast forward, on a Wednesday I went to Saks to look for a Marc Jacobs Blake and they had Balenciagas and so I was curious and went to look. I fell head over heels for the Cornflower and Rouille and bought the Cornflower on Thursday and the Rouille on Friday. I just couldn't get over the colours of these bags, the leather.

Now I am one of the people who pay $1000 and over for these : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

I live in the UK and about two and half years ago saw pics of sienna with her black first. I couldn't get one anywhere at the time as they were weight listed , but I found a first teal(?) I think in matches. I though it was tiny and way overpriced so I ended up buying a teal twiggy instead which was cheaper and just gorgeous. I still remember wondering around london all day thinking about it before I made the purchase. Ever since then I've been hooked, shortly after I bough my black city from Koh Samui in Covent garden. Now I have six BBags and love them all to death.

when i first saw pics of kate moss with hers......that was long long time ago when i was in my first year of uni... then SJP with her eggplant first...
they are just so beautiful!

I had seen some of the styles in magazines & knock-offs in boutiques... I thought the styles were really cute, but obviously the quality of the ones I saw in boutiques were :yucky: ... so I didn't give it much more thought...

Fast forward to me joining tPF, to check on authenticity of MJ bags... I decided to check out other brands, just to see what else was out there, and the color in the Balenciaga area absolutely CAPTIVATED me... :girlsigh: I bought my first one within weeks of stumbling across the Balenciaga forum...

THEN, once I had seen them in person (an SA at NM showed me hers from behind the counter & when I received my first one in the mail) - I absolutely fell in love. :love:

Now!! I am a woman obsessed... :supacool:

I first came across bbags on ebay, and bought my first 'first' from a reputable ebay seller. I loved it so much, and used it every day, that I bought another first and then later bought a twiggy from the same seller. The twiggy has now become my favourite, and as you can see from my signature, I now have 4 twiggies, 1 first, 1 city and 1 wallet. I bought a chloe paddington around the same time as my first bbag, but never used it, as I found it completely impractical and it weighed a ton. Bbags are totally practical, whilst being stylish with incredibly gorgeous leather.

Back in 2005, before I was into bags or knew anything about high end designers, I bought a Lush "inspired white First. :Push: I just wanted a white bag and it was cheap... I didn't even know how popular Balenciagas were.

Maybe later that year or in 2006 I saw a girl at a mall with a dark blue Day. Of course I didn't know it was called a Day, and I don't remember what color it was exactly. I remember seeing the sun hit it... so pretty!

The real deal-closer was in the February issue of Lucky Magazine. In the back (page 130) there's a girl with a black Day on her shoulder... I knew I had to have it! I got my blueberry Day shortly after.

lol For me it was about a week ago! I came to get a Fendi authenticated, and was browsing through pics of someone's bag collection where I saw a lilac (I think it was a city) and I LOVED it! I had to come over here and check the bags out! Now I am just having trouble deciding which color I want. Everytime I think I have found what I want, I see another. I predict an addiction in my future!! :P

I remember back when Friends was on T.V. still and COurtney Cox was photographed with a black first a lot. I thought it was really for a "rough, biker girl" why is she carrying it? ANyway... fast forward 9 years, I have always carried Louis Vuitton and I became really bored with it and felt like I was a walking billboard with all of those logos going on. I didn't really feel like I was expressing myself the way I wanted too. I tried a couple Marc Jacobs, but that didn't do it either. I stumbled onto an auction for a Chloe and in the auction description the seller had the link for the tpf. After looking at all of the sub-forums I stumbled into ysl, I even bought a muse only to return it. I finally found the balenciaga forum and it was like the Pearly gates opened with harp music playing in the background! The wonderful members directed me on finding authentic bags. This is how I began collecting. It has been wonderful. The members on this forum are all so encouraging, thoughtful and co-dependant! I LOVE it! My husband loves that I can talk to someone else about this (my girlfriends think I'm nuts) and not him. Here's to many more wonderful conversations about BBAGS! Lets toast!:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

Well I first fell in love with b-bags when I saw Rachel Stevens photographed carrying a White First about three years ago :heart: It just looked so gorgeous and lovely that did some research to find out what is was and then tracked one down for myself a couple of weeks later :graucho: :yahoo:

I love the First best of all b-bag styles and have owned so many over the years! I now have a nice, rounded collection of about 10 b-bags :heart:

Last spring I was looking all over for a white bag. I decided to check out ebay and fell in love with this white bag from MyPersonalShoppers. All I knew is that it was an 05 white classique by Balenciaga and at the time new nothing about Balenciaga.

When I got it I was worried it might be fake so I googled ways to authenticate it on the net and stumbled accross aterliernaff. That somehow led me to the Purse Forum and then the Balenciaga sub forum wher I started to learn of all the differnt colours and styles this wonderful brand came in. The rest is history....

I first saw them back in 2005 being sported by Marykate and Ashley Olsen..i just loved the vibrant colors and the leather. I wanted one so bad and since i'm the same age as them..i thought if they can rock this bag so can I!And that's when I started looking through thousands of ebay listings and bought a caramel first but then found out it was fake through the fashion spot forums. I got so pissed off that I didn't carry the bag outside of the house cause I was too embrassed of it..then looked up the prices for a bbag and found this forum...I started to save money for my first bbag purchase and in January 2006 finally bought a sky blue city on ebay that was authentic..i loved the bag so much that I carried her everywhere..to the point where I wore her out. Then in summer 2006 I bought an ink city and a black city for my birthday..with money that was given to me from relatives. I've since sold the sky blue city and i miss her dearly..she was definitely my favorite bag but had to part with her for my '05 work which i'm still on the hunt for.

oh and I don't own any other brands other than balenciga..that says alot about my devotion to the brand. love love love it!!!!

actually, i first became aware of bbags through a friend of my ex. i think she had a pale rose city or something. when i first saw it i thought, what's the big deal. i knew these bags cost some major LOOT, but i wasn't sure why - i wasn't attracted to the shape or style at all.

two years later i got ahold of a balenciaga day through a retail store i worked as a photographer for. the bag was battered and i got it for a steal...even so, i could understand the hype once i saw the bag IRL and was feeling the leather...it was a 2005 day, i believe.

i joined the forum later on down the line, after lurking for awhile...and that's how the obsession began!

funnily, it seems to me that the things in life with the most staying power (bags and other things/people/etc.) are those that don't strike me right away. definitely the story with bbags.

PS at the start of the obsession i could've easily turned into a chloe girl...now i know that it just was never meant to be... LOL:P

I didn't realize until this week, that the bags became so popular the instant they showed up in Fashion Week, 2001. Because I started lusting after them way back then - not knowing what they were and not knowing anything about handbags or even that someone would fake a bag or what a knockoff was. So I ended up in 2001 with a fake first and fortunately totally wore it out in blissful ignorance. But, by the end of a year, I was aware (through ebay - no purse forum back then) that I needed to learn to authenticate.

In 2001, I thought the bags had already been around for awhile, such was the deftness with which Nick G. designed the bags, to pay homage to bags of the past and styles of the past - even though no such bag ever existed.

I read extensively about Nick G.'s inspirations just this week and learned that one main inspiration was Belstaff motorcycle jackets and boots - still incredibly popular, made in the 1920's from waxed cotton and then from leather (the boots were always leather, of course). My DH found pictures of vintage Belstaff stuff - and sure enough, there's the crinkly worn-in look, there are studs and the buckles.