How well does Havana sit on your shoulder?

I'm looking at what I bought last night and I dont think this is a heel grip. It says Dr. S's Heel Liner. It is clear gel but it is real smooth so it doesnt "grip" my shoulder. Its like a extra piece of patent and just slides right off. LOL

Anyway I am deeply Sad about the VCP. I was so so excited to received it and it is stunning. But I'm thinking it is not right for me.

I think you got the right thing...I called them heel "grips" in error. (See photo.) They are smooth, not tacky but have really helped me a lot. I can lean over with a Havana on my shoulder and it will stay. Truly a bummer drag that yours won't do that. :sad:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 51-3UjZBI4L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg
    51-3UjZBI4L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 126
Ironically the most comfortable bag I own is the Fossil Sutter large top zip--it has a shoulder strap that is leather on the outside and cloth next to the shoulder--it is heaven because it's so comfortable--and functional.

I love my grey zeus Trophy but really really wish HH had included a shoulder strap (long) with it. There are hooks for it--unfortunately when used for travel a shoulder strap that stays puts is essential. Call me crazy but I've looked in vain for a separate shoulder strap to use with it.

Funny isn't it, that probably one of the most important aspects of a handbag is a comfortable, well fitting shoulder strap and is most overlooked by most designers. :confused1::confused1:

By shoulder strap, you mean a crossbody? It would be a functional option, depending upon the bag. I can't see a crossbody element added to the trophy though, it's too big/structured it feels like - like it'll sit on your butt at a weird angle when it's packed full (which is the norm for traveling :Push:smile:Coincidentally the GZ trophy was my first HH bag I traveled with. It held my essentials/SLR camera great and I love how classy it looks.

A crossbody would make more sense for a havana though since it just molds into your body.

Ive been on a holy grail search for an answer to this very dilema for some time now,,, i hate when bag staps slip off!!!! so ive tried self adhesive velcro stips,,, went and tried the dr scholls heel grips also,, i have to admit theyre kinda slippery on one side and just sticky on the side that goes on the bag,,, needs to be tacky on both sides i think... so today i went to hobby lobby and was just lookin around for ideas and came up w/ some foam that has adhesive on one side, thought that it might kinda grip my shoulder alittle so i tried a piece on my ruby havana,,, worked alittle,,, i also bought a bag of suede leather pieces that im going to try sticking in a non permanent way to the underside of the strap and i no that will grip cause suede just does that,,,, the trick is finding something that wont leave a film or residue on the strap,,,, ill let yall no what i come up with.

I think that just the patent Havana straps fall off the shoulder easily. I have a black Havana and a grey Zeus and they are perfection. I had bought a Havana in ICP and I sold it just as soon as it arrived because the moment I put it on my shoulder to see how it looked it slipped right off! I was bummed out, but I would've been even more bummed if it was VCP, because I don't know how I would've parted with it.

Ive been on a holy grail search for an answer to this very dilema for some time now,,, i hate when bag staps slip off!!!! so ive tried self adhesive velcro stips,,, went and tried the dr scholls heel grips also,, i have to admit theyre kinda slippery on one side and just sticky on the side that goes on the bag,,, needs to be tacky on both sides i think... so today i went to hobby lobby and was just lookin around for ideas and came up w/ some foam that has adhesive on one side, thought that it might kinda grip my shoulder alittle so i tried a piece on my ruby havana,,, worked alittle,,, i also bought a bag of suede leather pieces that im going to try sticking in a non permanent way to the underside of the strap and i no that will grip cause suede just does that,,,, the trick is finding something that wont leave a film or residue on the strap,,,, ill let yall no what i come up with.

If you find something that works let me know. You know designers should think about lining the undersides of shoulder straps with suede to keep them from slipping.

I feel pretty lucky as my Havana stays pretty well on my shoulder. But if I stoop down or something, it will slip off. But that happens with all my bags unless I'm wearing a cross body one.

I think that just the patent Havana straps fall off the shoulder easily. I have a black Havana and a grey Zeus and they are perfection. I had bought a Havana in ICP and I sold it just as soon as it arrived because the moment I put it on my shoulder to see how it looked it slipped right off! I was bummed out, but I would've been even more bummed if it was VCP, because I don't know how I would've parted with it.

All of my Havanas (VCP, ICP, GZ and Oyster) slip off - I think it's just my shoulders. But even so, I simply can't bear to part with any of them - they're just too pretty! So I'll suffer when I wear them... until one of you creative HHHotties comes up with a fab solution! :idea:

Aww, Dyanne, I'm so sorry! It's so pretty! They only Havana I have is the basic black one and it sits on my shoulder fine...But I think I have linebacker shoulders...