How well does 04 Lilac age?

BagFreak2

Aug 3, 2006
I recently got an 04 Lilac city :heart:. It is basically in new condition. I think the only thing that is not "new looking" about it, is that the leather on the body of the bag has softened and is not stiff like new bags.

Anyways, I am in love with it. HOWEVER, I'm a weirdo and am afraid to use it because I don't want anything to happen to it. I personally believe that different colors/years age differently. So...

How does 04 Lilac age? Would you say that it only gets better with age? Please help me get over my fear and tell me it's ok if it doesn't stay perfect forever :shame:

Apr 7, 2007
Scotland
04 Lilac is similar to 04 Rose - vintage looking to start off with so it just gets better with age. I had my 04 lilac out two days ago and I love how vintage it looks. So use it and enjoy it.

Aug 10, 2007
DFW, TX
I do think that lilac is a nice vintage-y looking bag. But I saw a lilac work on eBay awhile ago, and it was excessively faded, to a whitish lavender...Maybe that one was just really beat-up?

Conni618

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
It should age beautifully if you just protect it from harsh sunlight. I live in Southern California, and the lighter bags definitely need protection from summer sun here. If you live in an area like this, just be sure to cover it with something, if it needs to sit on your car seat in the sun for more than a few minutes at a time. :true:

willowsmom

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
I do think that lilac is a nice vintage-y looking bag. But I saw a lilac work on eBay awhile ago, and it was excessively faded, to a whitish lavender...Maybe that one was just really beat-up?

I believe that was an 06 lilac, though I think all light colored bags have the potential for fading/yellowing.

I have an 04 lilac first that looks fabulous...like several others have mentioned, it has a vintage feel to it that is just enhanced over time. The color on my first is probably not as deep as when it was new (I bought her broken in), but I wouldn't call it faded and certainly not yellowed - just vintagey.

Attachments

BagFreak2

Aug 3, 2006
I believe that was an 06 lilac, though I think all light colored bags have the potential for fading/yellowing.

I have an 04 lilac first that looks fabulous...like several others have mentioned, it has a vintage feel to it that is just enhanced over time. The color on my first is probably not as deep as when it was new (I bought her broken in), but I wouldn't call it faded and certainly not yellowed - just vintagey.

Thanks Ladies! Willowsmom, your 04 lilac first looks beautiful. You are right, it hasn't faded or yellowed at all. The color is still very deep. How often do you use it?

I do like the vintage look. I'm so glad I asked, because it's my first light colored bag. I had no idea that I should cover it if it's sitting in my car for more than a few minutes.