How well do patent leather wallets wear?

_blush_

O.G.
Mar 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've got my eyes set on this stunning Dior wallet.. which is in patent leather.

My experience with patent leather wallets was bad because after daily use it starts to peel and crack... that was with a patent leather coach wallet that I've used for one year..

Now, I don't know whether this is something that happens to all patent leather wallets that go through heavy daily use or was it just that particular wallet that I had... this is why I wanted to ask over here.. especially because Dior wallets are expensive, so I don't want to put that much money into something that I'll put away in one year..

(By the way, if any of you have leather/patent leather Dior wallets, would you show them to me? :graucho: )

Attachments

• 271553052502492457_Grt51X91_b.jpg
    271553052502492457_Grt51X91_b.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 396
I have a Dior wallet almost identical to that pictured (except with a press stud instead of a zipper). I've had it about 4 years and it still looks brand new. I've always had patent leather wallets and have found them to be hardy.

I also have a Dior wallet in black patent leather (Dior Ultimate) and the quality is just amazing. I've had it for 4 years now, have used it pretty much every single day and it still looks brand new. Go for it, you won't regret it;)

I have a patent leather Kate Spade wallet that I've been using on a daily basis for years. It shows no wear whatsoever. In my opinion, black patent leather is the ideal material for a wallet.

I have a Mulberry black patent wallet I use daily and have done since May 2010, I'm not particularly gentle or careful with it but the leather is almost like new, to look at you would think it was new, although it is now softer than when I bought it, but it is in fab condition, the only mark on it is on the Mulberry plaque, the leather shows no signs of wear or cracking, it's the perfect wallet, can't recommend patent highly enough

Hi OP, did you go for the Dior wallet then? Cos I'm thinking whether to splurge on the same wallet too. The added headache is what colour to go for too?
Heard that the black patent is boring while the colored patents are more glossy..

Hi OP, did you go for the Dior wallet then? Cos I'm thinking whether to splurge on the same wallet too. The added headache is what colour to go for too?
Heard that the black patent is boring while the colored patents are more glossy..

Hi!
Actually, before I went to check it out at the boutique, I saw a girl carrying it at our local bakery.. I really didn't think it looked half as nice in real life...

I've decided to go for a vernis sarah wallet from LV later this year, so I won't be getting the Dior one.