How valuable are the authenticity card and dust bag when buying pre-loved Chanel?

Hi!
I found classic lambskin 2.55 Chanel jumbo purse in very good condition with min flaws at a great price ($3200) at one of the highly recommended online stores (Boutique Patina) BUT it comes without anything, no dust bag and no authenticity card. How valuable are those extras? Should I wait for another bag that comes with them or should I pull the trigger on the one without? It would be my first Chanel bag
Thank you!

I think those are VERY valuable, especially if you're planning on reselling later on. With all 3 of my bags, I have kept the camellias, receipts, ribbon, boxes, tissue paper and the bag. And I have no plans on reselling.

it's up to each person. if you know the bag is authentic it's not a big deal to not have the card/box/dustbag. if you're looking at pre-loved you already know some will/won't come with full sets. it doesn't affect resale either, from my experience. bags with full sets sell just as often as those without, though they might take slightly longer. since it's your 1st bag though, you might want to get the complete set of items, b/c it'll help you become familiar with what authenticity cards and boxes and etc. look like. that way if you buy pre-loved again you can spot authentic items easier. my opinion only. i'm not one to care, but for my 1st chanel, i'd probably wait for one with everything.

I recently bought a classic jumbo without any dustbag or authenticity card and very happy with it.I wanted a caviar jumbo for a long time and the moment I found one in my budget I bought it. I think it matters a little when you resell but all depends on the buyer. People like me won't care as long as they're getting a good deal while others may want the full set. Good luck with ur decision.

It depends on each person's preference, but if the price is good, I honestly don't care too much about the extras when buying pre-loved. What's important to me is the bag is authentic and in great shape.

For resale, it does help a bit to have those accessories handy though. I once sold a Chanel m/l flap "with the full set" (box, dust bag, auth card) and I think the reseller priced it $500 above a similar bag that didn't come with anything.

Reactions: nattyt145
I think this is each to their own! I have bought quite a few pre loved and don't think I've received any with the whole set (box, card and dustbag). Some I even have nothing other than the bag. Of course it would be great to have the whole set but if the bag itself is authentic and makes my heart sing then that's enough for me! This is from a buyer's perspective.
If I was selling, I would expect to sell at a higher price if I had to full set compared to another listing that didn't.

I think it matters if you resell. A good number of people won't buy without the authenticity card. But most will buy without the dustbag. So if you get the bag w/o the card & bag, know that you'll have a few people who won't buy the bag making your resale market a bit smaller and the price you can ask a teeny but less.

I've bought 3 Chanels that came with everything (box, flower, etc) and I loved having those items! I'm definitely more likely to pull the trigger if a preloved bag comes "complete". But, I've also bought 3 Chanels without the authenticity cards. I was fine with that because I got such great discount on the bags (v the exact same models with the cards) that I'd get most - if not all - my money back. I can't see me ever parting with one but it's still nice to know.

Boutique Patina is great to deal with and I find her spot on with the descriptions so you get exactly what you think you're getting (I bought my first Chanel from her). But her prices, like other very reputable resellers - are a bit on the high end of acceptable v. the deals that can be had from private owners. And not knowing the condition, color, material of your bag I can't say if the price is great but with BP, I'm sure it's fair. So, since this is your first Chanel, I think going with her and getting the authentication from Enticiler that she includes is absolutely worth the price.

I can't wait to see your new baby!

Reactions: jbags07
Boutique Patina is great to deal with and I find her spot on with the descriptions so you get exactly what you think you're getting (I bought my first Chanel from her). But her prices, like other very reputable resellers - are a bit on the high end of acceptable v. the deals that can be had from private owners. And not knowing the condition, color, material of your bag I can't say if the price is great but with BP, I'm sure it's fair. So, since this is your first Chanel, I think going with her and getting the authentication from Enticiler that she includes is absolutely worth the price.

I can't wait to see your new baby!

Thank you very much for your reply!

Would you be able to take a look at the bag in the link and let me know if the price is fair? It's actually from Potrero but it seem Boutique Patina and Potrero are the same thing. BP actually has the same bag for $2999

http://www.portero.com/chanel-black-lambskin-jumbo-quilted-classic-2-55-flap-bag-12

I tend to want everything when I buy used. However, I make exceptions for rare hard to find items that are priced well and in great condition. For example- I found the cruise 16 purple rainbow boy without anything and I'm ok with that. It was 1-1.5 grand cheaper than what everyone else was pricing it with full sets. I know I don't plan on selling it. I also took my vintage vertical lamb jumbo without anything because it was in great condition. Now when it comes to classics like black lamb jumbo, or colored classic flaps I want the full set and will usually wait for it to come up. Believe it or not, with waiting a bag will usually come in the condition you want with the full set, usually a little pricier than without.

I prefer having everything when I buy pre-owned. However, if the price is low (to compensate for the missing authenticity card) I would still buy and get the bag authenticated. It really depends on your preference. If you want a good condition bag with the authenticity card, you're going to pay more versus the same bag without the authenticity card.

I bought a medium classic flap from BP a few months ago. Mine came with everything but the hologram sticker (it's a 25 year old bag so it got rubbed off being in the description). I found them quite pleasant to deal with, and had it authenticated on both tpf and Etincelier as per the complimentary offer by BP. I think it comes down to your preference and your future intention (whether to sell it, whether you're already saving up for a brand new one, or whether you're really after a particular vintage bag). If you want good resell value, the more complete the set it comes with (even including original purchase receipt or receipt copy), the better the resell value tends to be :smile:

Reactions: Lola24
I depends on the person.... For me, if I'm concerned about re sale (which I am usually not, I'm terrible at letting a bag go) and getting or paying top dollar I would want every piece with the item as if buying it brand new. Many people out there are content with authentication but in my opinion that may take a pinch off the value for some. Best bet is to always save whatever comes with the item, I have everything in a safe but who knows if I can match it all up, lol.... But also I wouldn't be deterred from buying something I really love and want because these items aren't available (I just did this), but again probably not at top dollar depending on the situation.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Would you be able to take a look at the bag in the link and let me know if the price is fair? It's actually from Potrero but it seem Boutique Patina and Potrero are the same thing. BP actually has the same bag for $2999

http://www.portero.com/chanel-black-lambskin-jumbo-quilted-classic-2-55-flap-bag-12
I am so not qualified to give you input on this bag because I haven't "hutned" it. But as I mentioned, her prices seem to be at the high of fair to me. I would buy from her again.

Potrero is a "clearing house" of sorts for many sellers. Boutique Patina is a vendor who uses their site. They aren't the same.

I think I found your bag on BP's site http://boutiquepatina.com/collectio...mbskin-jumbo-quilted-classic-2-55-flap-bag-18

It's cheaper than on Potrero plus you get an additional $200 off using the VIP code listed at the top of her home page.

This bag is a beauty! I'm actually planning to buy a vintage black lamb with GHW down the road. If you buy, share pictures.

Reactions: jchen815