How Unique Are These?

^^Thanks! I guess they are kind of "one of a kind" in the fact that no two pairs in the Trash collections are exactly the same, but I'm sure these were mass-produced. That lady is wasting some listing fees; I think $40 would be a much more realistic price. I'm tempted to post in that thread but ebay people are mean.

And this thread is nice?

She is a very good seller and a nice person, who was obviously misled about the shoes. I am very certain she would appreciate getting accurate information. I was going to suggest she check on this forum, but I don't think that's such a good idea now.

And this thread is nice?

She is a very good seller and a nice person, who was obviously misled about the shoes. I am very certain she would appreciate getting accurate information. I was going to suggest she check on this forum, but I don't think that's such a good idea now.

Sorry to the seller, but there are a lot of sellers pricing Louboutins outrageously, purposely trying to rip people off, and none of us appreciate it. Also, someone sent the seller an ASQ, politely informing her of the usual selling price of the shoes, and that person was called "patronizing." If she had come here to ask about listing advice, anyone would have been glad to help her.

No, I'm not the seller. If I was, I would have said so. I use this same ID everywhere.

I really doubt it would have occurred to the seller to come here to ask about CLs. I wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't seen several of your avatars. I came looking for a forum here to recommend to her after reading the ASQ she received. She is a decent seller and would never rip anyone off. I know that she would appreciate the correct information. If you notice, she did seem concerned after receiving the ASQ.

Sorry to the seller, but there are a lot of sellers pricing Louboutins outrageously, purposely trying to rip people off, and none of us appreciate it. Also, someone sent the seller an ASQ, politely informing her of the usual selling price of the shoes, and that person was called "patronizing." If she had come here to ask about listing advice, anyone would have been glad to help her.

Last I heard, this was a free market and anyone can list anything for any price they choose.

If there's a ready, willing and able buyer who wants it bad enough to pay the price, who are you to "not appreciate it?"

Prices are based on supply and demand. About 2 years ago, there were some (I considered fugly) Coach bags that retailed for between $398 and $498. They sold out quickly, were next to impossible to get and sold on ebay for $1000-$1200. Buyers paid the price because they wanted the bags and the sellers had what the buyers wanted! There's nothing illegal or immoral.

I don't usually read the CL threads, but I heard about this one and thought I'd check it out.

xxx removed rude comments

That lady is wasting some listing fees; I think $40 would be a much more realistic price. I'm tempted to post in that thread but ebay people are mean.

Wrong again! That's the beauty of the 35-cents fixed price listings. Sellers can list for a month at a time for just 35 cents. Yes, the FVF is higher, but the savings in listing and relisting fees more than compensates. She can list for a full year for just $4.20. That certainly isn't a waste of listing fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I heard, this was a free market and anyone can list anything for any price they choose.

If there's a ready, willing and able buyer who wants it bad enough to pay the price, who are you to "not appreciate it?"

Prices are based on supply and demand. About 2 years ago, there were some (I considered fugly) Coach bags that retailed for between $398 and $498. They sold out quickly, were next to impossible to get and sold on ebay for $1000-$1200.

I don't usually read the CL threads, but I heard about this one and thought I'd check it out.

x.

Of course anyone can list at whatever price they want, but not everyone has to like it; that is the only point I was making. Maybe someone will be willing to pay $4K for them, but in our experience as Louboutin buyers, it is not likely. Everyone can always try to get as much as they want, I'm not saying they can't or shouldn't.

As far as listing fees, my mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'm not the seller. If I was, I would have said so. I use this same ID everywhere.

I really doubt it would have occurred to the seller to come here to ask about CLs. I wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't seen several of your avatars. I came looking for a forum here to recommend to her after reading the ASQ she received. She is a decent seller and would never rip anyone off. I know that she would appreciate the correct information. If you notice, she did seem concerned after receiving the ASQ.

I personally was just trying to give some information on selling Trash and signed shoes in general. Although I did find the listing amusing, I'm genuinely sorry if I said something that would offend the seller, since you seem to know that she is in fact a nice and decent seller.

I personally was just trying to give some information on selling Trash and signed shoes in general. Although I did find the listing amusing, I'm genuinely sorry if I said something that would offend the seller, since you seem to know that she is in fact a nice and decent seller.

I'm sure no one meant to offend the seller. :smile: It's just that I came looking for the Louboutin forum so I could suggest she ask here, but once I saw this thread I didn't feel like I should direct her here.

Anyhoo, I posted some info from here on the other thread in my ignorant (about Louboutin :biggrin:) way. Maybe she will see it tomorrow.

If your friend came here to ask about that shoe, I am confident she would get nothing but helpful information and support. But, she should be aware that there is no chatting about selling here. It's strictly against the rules. :flowers:

Last edited:
Denim & Beenburned... no one here was laughing at the seller - it was the RESPONSES that gave us the chuckles. Everyone here - especially Laureen - are extremely helpful, and have saved many people here from making poor choices (i.e: buying fakes). No one here wants to hurt or offend anyone - we're just here to share advice, comments, collections, life.
Now lets get back to the Louboutin love :hugs: